Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

A little disheartening to see if we lose Vuc well probably lose T Ross. 

What if they hate each other though lol. 

But honestly I'd rather lose Ross if it means no vucevic than keep both. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

But really if you look at it in context I wouldn't take too much away from that. Denton literally asked him if he'd communicate with vucevic during the free agency process and he just said what he said. 

He also said that every other free agent he's been around in the past was loyal to the team they were on. 

He also said that he wasn't sure what he'd value in free agency. 

There's enough out there to spin this however you want

• Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What if they hate each other though lol. 

But honestly I'd rather lose Ross if it means no vucevic than keep both. 

As much as I love Vuc's offensive game I prefer to let him go even if it means taking a step backwards for a season.  Even though his defense was better this year he's easy to game plan against in the middle. I'm looking forward to when we become a PG focused team instead of playing inside out. We have three young guys that can jump through the ceiling and I want to see a faster pace and a lot more lob/dunk plays run.

• Like 1

If I am the Magic, I would offer Ross a fair deal, but come in on the low side. My selling point to him and any other player is that we need to get our cap under control, so we can sign some decent free agents. Free agents cost money, and for a team like the Magic, they probably cost more money than other teams in a high profile market. If we are going to attract good players, we probably will have to overpay. Those here on the team, unfortunately have to pay the price and share the costs. On the surface that probably doesn't sound so good to a guy like TRoss. However, Orlando really loves their team and those players that show loyalty to them. If they like the smaller city life. Then Orlando makes a great home.

Like I said earlier though. We're kind of in a position where Ross' fair market value and the artificial cap placed on an extension for him are pretty close to the same thing. I think if Ross is staying here he'll get resigned before free agency can even begin. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1