Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Was just looking back at this and wanted to reiterate that we got Fultz for Jonathan Simmons (who has yet to sign for next season anywhere), an early second round pick (that the 76ers didn't keep), and a top-20 protected (OKC) pick for next year's draft - which might become two-2nd rounders in '21/'22. Seriously, how did they pull that off? 

19 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If his handles translate well in the real NBA I see a lot of dunks for AG, JI, Vuc, and Mo

We've already seen that they do, in limited time with Philadelphia, while playing at less than 100%. 

So, we currently have our twenty player, training camp roster filled out, with our thirteen under contract, our two 2-way guys, and five Exhibit 10 contracts. If I am Melvin Frazier, I am working my a-- off right now training. We have four wings in camp on Exhibit 10 contracts all vying for those last two roster spaces, and that's not counting our 2-way guys (as they are a PG and a PF) or the other Exhibit 10 (PF/C). We have some serious options for filling out the regular roster without going into the luxury tax, including (possibly) cutting Frazier to make room for someone else, depending on what we can find. All of these options are now available since we are "deferring" signing Okeke until next season. 

Option 1

Sign two Veteran Minimum Deal players with 2+ years of experience; we pay $1,620,564 each, the league pays the rest. Retain Frazier until the deadline, and waive him in Apr/May if someone else becomes available.

Option 2

Sign a Veteran Minimum Deal player with 2+ years of experience; we pay $1,620,564 league pays the rest. Also sign one of our 2-Way, Exhibit 10, or a 1-yr veteran minimum player to a minimum contract; either for $898,310 (rookie), or $1,445,697 (1 yr experience). Retain Frazier until the deadline, and waive him in Apr/May if someone else becomes available.

Option 3

Sign two of our 2-Way, Exhibit 10 or 1-yr veteran minimum players to minimum contracts; either for $898,310 (rookie), or $1,445,697 (1 yr experience). Retain Frazier until the deadline, and waive him in Apr/May if someone else becomes available. 

Option 4

Sign three of our 2-Way, Exhibit 10 or 1-yr veteran minimum players to minimum contracts;  at least one for $898,310 (rookie),  and one or two for $1,445,697 (1 yr experience). Waive Frazier now. (Potentially waiving one of them later if someone else becomes available in April/May.)