Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

40 minutes ago, Odin said:

He'd only have a year left on his contract though. He might be movable.

Eh. You don't want to have to move Fournier and Hayward. You're going to have to take back something for them and it's not worth junking up the cap further to make it happen. 

Hypothetically if you told me we could dump both and return $0 salary and not have to give up picks to make it happen it'd be good. But I don't know if that's realistic

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What is Brown's trajectory/ceiling?

There's a big debate in the basketball world about that. 

Probably something like Josh Howard. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's a big debate in the basketball world about that. 

Probably something like Josh Howard. 

I think his projections should be at least in the realm of LeVert. Younger, better shooter, worse passer.

Also, didn’t realize he is 6’7”. Thought he was shorter than that for some reason.

I would love Brown as our long-term SG. If we could get him and still keep Fultz, Gordon, Isaac and Bamba I'd be stoked.

If Fultz and Bamba both develop towards their potential, and the other 3 continue to improve, a Fultz - Brown - Isaac - Gordon - Bamba is an incredibly fun and athletic team.

6 hours ago, The Boss said:

I would love Brown as our long-term SG. If we could get him and still keep Fultz, Gordon, Isaac and Bamba I'd be stoked.

If Fultz and Bamba both develop towards their potential, and the other 3 continue to improve, a Fultz - Brown - Isaac - Gordon - Bamba is an incredibly fun and athletic team.

And a terror for other teams on defense as we'd have a lineup with 3 guys who can defend most players on a basketball court. 

Brown might be my number 1 sg choice for this team (of guys who can reasonably be traded for)

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Brown might be my number 1 sg choice for this team (of guys who can reasonably be traded for)

Me too. Was the first big move I made in my 2K franchise. Traded Vuc and our pick and some other things at the start of this previous season for Brown. Was fantastic, developed that starting 5 into a force. Kept Ross around as the 6th man, good times.

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

He's still young but I've hated most everything I've seen of Jaylen Brown and don't want him here.

Why? He's a young, efficient, two-way player who can defend 3 positions and space the floor. If given a starting role it seems like he's at least a 15ppg guy. We have a 27 game playoff sample (excluding his rookie year) where he's a 17/5 guy on 48/38/69 shooting. And we have a few second round and ecf games where he's shown some ability to carry an offense. 

So even if he hits his low end projection and is just shooting guard version of Harrison Barnes, that still seems pretty valuable given a positional group that doesn't have very many two way guys with upside. 

Though if you're basing most of your opinion on how he defended Middleton I get it. He hasn't been able to figure him out.