Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

16 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why are you making that assumption? Okeke was and still is our first round pick. It was really a great move to save money this year.

Also remember this when Tyler Herro Is balling in Miami. He looked impressive and I know it was summer league but that kid has got talent!  And we have plenty of power forwards. 

57 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Great a multi billionaire saved money. Woohoo 

We did more than save money, we don’t waste a season of controlled rookie-scale contract on an injured prospect. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Also remember this when Tyler Herro Is balling in Miami. He looked impressive and I know it was summer league but that kid has got talent!  And we have plenty of power forwards. 

What has Tyler Herro anything to do with this? He was picked ahead our selection. 

11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Is not about money they saved in Their pocket. Is about cap space. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Getting excited about the season. Looking forward to

MagicPreseason.PNG.80bb78807a217f6ca109c3d163acb619.PNG

and hope it's on TV. :-)

Sweet, that came fast I’m ready. 

• Upvote 1

In regards to Okeke, can he rehab with the Magic medical staff? Can he join the G league team towards the end of the season? If not, can he train with either the Magic or G league team? If none of these things, can he join the team and help out in any way like when Bamba was injured and Clifford got him to do some things on game nights?

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

In regards to Okeke, can he rehab with the Magic medical staff? Can he join the G league team towards the end of the season? If not, can he train with either the Magic or G league team? If none of these things, can he join the team and help out in any way like when Bamba was injured and Clifford got him to do some things on game nights?

Yes,

He'll be given a G league contract between 50-100k which means he gets access to Magic facilities and he'll probably play a bit towards the end of the G league season once fully fit.

12 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

You're consistently really bad at understanding these things. This is an awesome move for us. 

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

So there's some grey area here that I'm not sure anyone understands fully. 

From what I've gathered he has access to the medical staff but can't participate in team activities. Team activities is vague. The assumption is he's not allowed to be around for organized stuff. I assume it wouldn't be a big deal if a couple guys were playing 3 on 3 for him to join. I assume if a shooting coach happened to be in the practice facility when he was there he'd be able to get instruction. But I don't think he's able to play 3 on 3 with coaches in the gym because that probably constitutes a practice. 

Basically there's a line that distinguishes a player from participating in team activities and just a guy that happens to be in the building and there's a vagueness of where that line is. Additionally, there's an enforcement component that comes into play. Its illegal to go 56mph in a 55 mph zone. Some roads the understanding is you can go 60 in the 55 in full view of police without issue. People consistently go 70 on I-4 in the 55 zone without issue. You have to know the acceptable benchmark of what you can get away with. So maybe we can push that line with okeke without getting hassled by the league but they'd only come down on us if we decide to do the equivalent of going 85 down i-4, whatever that is. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

You're spot on -- Miami selecting a player we weren't interested in several spots ahead of our pick definitely is related to Okeke's contract situation.  Nailed it!

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

You're spot on -- Miami selecting a player we weren't interested in several spots ahead of our pick definitely is related to Okeke's contract situation.  Nailed it!

I'm kind of upset we didn't take Culver at 16. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm kind of upset we didn't take Culver at 16. 

Same, but passing on Zion?  What were we thinking?