Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

As someone said earlier in this thread, the rebuild is over. This is going to be the first year in forever that we actually go in expecting to make the playoffs.

I think  our team will be fun to watch.If Fultz can just be good on defense and hit his foul shots we will be better. If he can actually hit his shots, we will be alot better.

Other then that big thing is keeping Dj and Fournier healthy. If Ross stays in peak form and Evan treats this year like a contract year we will ball out! I feel confident in Gordon and Isaac taking another step forward too.

Go Magic!

59 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

As someone said earlier in this thread, the rebuild is over. This is going to be the first year in forever that we actually go in expecting to make the playoffs.

I think  our team will be fun to watch.If Fultz can just be good on defense and hit his foul shots we will be better. If he can actually hit his shots, we will be alot better.

Other then that big thing is keeping Dj and Fournier healthy. If Ross stays in peak form and Evan treats this year like a contract year we will ball out! I feel confident in Gordon and Isaac taking another step forward too.

Go Magic!

We'll be significantly better if fultz can draw help defense on drives. There's a ton of little things that go into that (like forcing your defender to defend you on the three point line so he has less space to recover from your first step) but if we're breaking down the one thing we need from him to change the team it's that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

12-14 ppg and 40% from 3 isn't going to be cheap unless it's a guy on a rookie contract. Look at what Ross just got. 

10ppg and 40% from 3 is doable though. 

Even 10 ppg and 40% from three is what Courtney lee gave us as a rookie (he was about 9ppg)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A few pages back someone posted a highlight reel of Fultz NBA game... not college hype but actual NBA film. If we get that same player (who was going through knee, shoulder etc issues) then we are in for some surprises.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

A few pages back someone posted a highlight reel of Fultz NBA game... not college hype but actual NBA film. If we get that same player (who was going through knee, shoulder etc issues) then we are in for some surprises.

Yup. 

The concern with fultz has never been talent or fit. He's already shown the ability to play and does enough stuff well that he's going to be valuable even if he can't shoot. We can scheme around that. Look at guys like Eric Bledsoe. Payton didn't fail here because he couldn't shoot. it's because he couldn't shoot, couldn't defend, and didn't perform well on offense frequently enough. 

The only concern with fultz is whether his issue keeping him out of games has been resolved or not. If he plays and doesn't relapse he'll be valuable. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yup. 

The only concern with fultz is whether his issue keeping him out of games has been resolved or not. If he plays and doesn't relapse he'll be valuable. 

I' also like the fact that he has been working out with our young core. i'd love for 2 or 3 years from now look back and have them have valuable history of 4 years playing together. We have gone through enough turnover that i think continuity has a lot more to do with it then most GM's like to admit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yup. 

The concern with fultz has never been talent or fit. He's already shown the ability to play and does enough stuff well that he's going to be valuable even if he can't shoot. We can scheme around that. Look at guys like Eric Bledsoe. Payton didn't fail here because he couldn't shoot. it's because he couldn't shoot, couldn't defend, and didn't perform well on offense frequently enough. 

I agree with all of this.  

The good news is, that after this seemingly never ending offseason, we should start to have some early information in the next few weeks.  For example, even knowing whether Fultz is with the team at the start of training camp will be more than we know now.   We mostly think that will be the case, but in a short while we’ll find out for real.  

50 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with all of this.  

The good news is, that after this seemingly never ending offseason, we should start to have some early information in the next few weeks.  For example, even knowing whether Fultz is with the team at the start of training camp will be more than we know now.   We mostly think that will be the case, but in a short while we’ll find out for real.  

Team had optional workouts this past week and he was with the team then. 

7 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Any Chuma sightings on social media or anything? Sorry if I appear lazy, I don't have anything but FB and I never see much when I google the kid's name

Nope. It's a mystery. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That’s good to know.  

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Where did you hear this? i didnt see it on any twitter feeds, or my regular news feeds... I'd like to add to my list whatever place you heard it from.

On other sightings I saw Jonathan Isaac at Keke's Restaurant a few Saturdays ago... i didnt want to bother him so i just said something about big fan of yours and keep posting his uplifting comments on twitter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1