Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

So, we destroyed Fournier and bogdanovic back to back!

evans awful defense and even awful shot helped our cause, but campazzo-scola-deck and laprovittola were beasting out there the past 2 games

now we will fight our toughest opponent in Spain. 

Generación dorada is back !

They should let Ginobili play as a sixth man during the final

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:53 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yall can ban me from this website, but I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers. He's been through a rough patch and his latest interviews have been great

Did he apologize for screwing over the Magic and their fans? 

• Upvote 1

Meh.  Dwight.  I think I already mentioned I like the Lakers signing him.  Self destruction for the Lakers molded into the premise the Lakers stand by.  They deserve to continuously self destruct for the league controlling games in their favor in the previous decade and even in the early part of this decade.  Now that they've got LeBron and I love the signing.  It makes sense to double downed on their entitlement.  Now Kuzma has molded his attitude into a superficial ego .  Then there's Dwight.  The..story doesn't need to be told.  We're done here.  

I've always loved the Lakers.........failing.  They're have great year at doing just that with ESPN attempting to maintain this collective illusion that LeBron James is still not slowing and still is the only person that deserves titles.   

With that said, Go Warriors.  Most of all, Go Magic.  

19 hours ago, The Boss said:

Hopefully his form carries over and he has a career season and opts out of his contract. Win win.

Career year Fournier is a pretty good NBA SG.  We're not at a point where we have the luxury of hoping starting-caliber players walk, are we?  Seems counterintuitive to me to want a guy to be great just so he can leave.  Feels like this past season is coloring opinions of him too heavily.  Let's say he does have a career year -- what makes you think he'll be more likely to revert to a poor season moving forward (what I assume is driving the desire that he'd opt out), rather than having more good years after that?

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Career year Fournier is a pretty good NBA SG.  We're not at a point where we have the luxury of hoping starting-caliber players walk, are we?  Seems counterintuitive to me to want a guy to be great just so he can leave.  Feels like this past season is coloring opinions of him too heavily.  Let's say he does have a career year -- what makes you think he'll be more likely to revert to a poor season moving forward (what I assume is driving the desire that he'd opt out), rather than having more good years after that?

I dunno. I think the goal needs to be an upgrade to that spot long term and, if things break the right way with other players, we should be able to replace him with a cheaper player who can excel in a smaller role or a major upgrade. 

Right now Fournier fills a big playmaking role with average overall defense. His playmaking is important due to the present situation that a lineup that features augustin and Isaac presents us with. 

If fultz and Gordon begin to grab that playmaking responsibility his role is going to be more of a spot up shooter. And you can find someone who can play that role better for significantly less money. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. I think the goal needs to be an upgrade to that spot long term and, if things break the right way with other players, we should be able to replace him with a cheaper player who can excel in a smaller role or a major upgrade. 

Right now Fournier fills a big playmaking role with average overall defense. His playmaking is important due to the present situation that a lineup that features augustin and Isaac presents us with. 

If fultz and Gordon begin to grab that playmaking responsibility his role is going to be more of a spot up shooter. And you can find someone who can play that role better for significantly less money. 

Long term, sure. I'm responding to the opting out after this year vs. finishing out both years of his contract angle.

He's not expensive enough or ineffective enough (especially in the hypothetical of a career year, as was mentioned) that him opting out of his final year would serve us significant benefit.