Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

I'm going to the pub tonight to watch Australia v Spain, hopefully we can get the win, tournament wide open now.

We've been great without Simmons, Baynes and Mills especially have been so good.

• Like 1

Yall can ban me from this website, but I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers. He's been through a rough patch and his latest interviews have been great

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yall can ban me from this website, but I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers. He's been through a rough patch and his latest interviews have been great

I really don't hate him and don't have any grudge with the past anymore, but I've to say: he has probably made that kind of interview every offseason since he left the Magic. Reality is different than words, a lot of times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I really don't hate him and don't have any grudge with the past anymore, but I've to say: he has probably made that kind of interview every offseason since he left the Magic. Reality is different than words, a lot of times.

That is true, he keeps saying he’s a changed man, but this time he lost a lot of weight and seems to have actually put in the work.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him have a bounce back season at 33

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That is true, he keeps saying he’s a changed man, but this time he lost a lot of weight and seems to have actually put in the work.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him have a bounce back season at 33

He's lost weight every summer for the past 4 summers

55 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The problem has never really been his game, but his head. He has never been satisfied to be the defensive presence, rebounding machine - he has always wanted and whined about being more central to the offense.

If (and it is a big if) he has finally gotten it through his thick skull that he is NOT the force and focus on offense and can ACCEPT that; then he could be an incredibly valuable pickup for them. He is a big man who can consistently give you a double-double by running the floor and getting alley-oops, offensive rebounds, secondary fast break points. He can anchor a defense, even at 33; there are few better big men on the defensive-side of the court. The problem has always been his demands/divisive attitude when he doesn't get to be an offensive focal point too. Then he has become a problem for almost every team he has ever been on. He is not a great low-post player, it worked in Orlando because we had a lot of 3-point shooters around him opening up space. Nobody since has built their team around him, but has expected him to adapt to their team; which he has never shown himself capable and/or willing to do. Unless that has changed, he won't make it through the season in LA.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

The problem has never really been his game, but his head. He has never been satisfied to be the defensive presence, rebounding machine - he has always wanted and whined about being more central to the offense.

If (and it is a big if) he has finally gotten it through his thick skull that he is NOT the force and focus on offense and can ACCEPT that; then he could be an incredibly valuable pickup for them. He is a big man who can consistently give you a double-double by running the floor and getting alley-oops, offensive rebounds, secondary fast break points. He can anchor a defense, even at 33; there are few better big men on the defensive-side of the court. The problem has always been his demands/divisive attitude when he doesn't get to be an offensive focal point too. Then he has become a problem for almost every team he has ever been on. He is not a great low-post player, it worked in Orlando because we had a lot of 3-point shooters around him opening up space. Nobody since has built their team around him, but has expected him to adapt to their team; which he has never shown himself capable and/or willing to do. Unless that has changed, he won't make it through the season in LA.

Nah. He's not a post up threat anymore not because of team style but because he's declined from one of the strongest and overwhelmingly athletic centers of all time to a normal level of athleticism. 

He's bounced around the league not because of deciding production (his numbers are still solid and his on court impact on Charlotte and Houston were positive), but because guys just don't like him. 

By the way, Argentina just smashed France with a huge performance from Scola.

Silver lining for France is that Ntilikina’s jumper seems to be a real thing now.

The Portuguese commentators pointed out Fournier’s selfishness, but what stuck with me the most is Batum being super washed up

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

By the way, Argentina just smashed France with a huge performance from Scola.

Silver lining for France is that Ntilikina’s jumper seems to be a real thing now.

The Portuguese commentators pointed out Fournier’s selfishness, but what stuck with me the most is Batum being super washed up

Fournier was bad in this game

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier was bad in this game

True, but basically their entire team was, except for Ntilikina.

Gobert had 3 points (!)

All about the matchups, Argentina plays some beautiful Spurs-like basketball

• Upvote 1

So, we destroyed Fournier and bogdanovic back to back!

evans awful defense and even awful shot helped our cause, but campazzo-scola-deck and laprovittola were beasting out there the past 2 games

now we will fight our toughest opponent in Spain. 

Generación dorada is back !