Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Don't want to jinx anything here but I can safely say that a lot if GM’s and coaches around the league has also noticed his level of playing. Just saying...

Time to sell high

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Trying to translate these performances into predictions about how Fournier will play during the season. 

I also wouldn’t pay too much attention to who’s guarding him.  In the all-star game, you have some of the best defenders in the world guarding people and it doesn’t matter at all.  It all depends on effort and intensity, and I don’t believe the USA players take this stuff as seriously as they take NBA games.  

The all Star game and international tournaments aren't analogous situations

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The all Star game and international tournaments aren't analogous situations

I completely agree. But I also don't think the international tournaments are the same as NBA regular season games.  Somewhere in between.  The level of competition, teamwork, and intensity are not the same.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I completely agree. But I also don't think the international tournaments are the same as NBA regular season games.  Somewhere in between.  The level of competition, teamwork, and intensity are not the same.  

The intensity is probably higher than a regular season NBA game.  

Obviously circumstances are different, but just the experience of being in these tournaments has had a hugely positive effect for many players heading into the next season.  Durant is probably the most obvious one who took a leap immediately afterwards, but there has been plenty others.  Maybe it's less of an experience for international players like Fournier since they tend to play in these things more often than American-born players do, but his confidence and poise can only be strengthened by this after perhaps being shaken last year.  

Yeah, finally i Get to root against Fournier and his horrible defense

hopefully this Argentina team works pick n roll and penetrations against him 

only thing I am afraid of is him having the last possession and his diagonal layups (our bigs need to men up tomorrow). But his lack of defense should be enough for our guards to exploit 

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I know it doesn't translate, but maybe Fournier will come into our season with more confidence and consistency in his shot. 

That's all I'm hoping for