Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Multiple. 

They mention how crazy it is that Gordon wasn't put on team USA, note that he seems like a guy who could have one of those careers where he makes a big leap in his mid 20s. 

Then they mention later on how we're a dark horse for the 3 seed.

Yeah I listened to it. Lol Just did t want to listen to Simmons Celtic-splaining lol. Even when I disagree Lowe I respect the dude. Having said that why does he think Gordon is playing at the 3? 

54 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Yeah I listened to it. Lol Just did t want to listen to Simmons Celtic-splaining lol. Even when I disagree Lowe I respect the dude. Having said that why does he think Gordon is playing at the 3? 

Because depending on your perspective Gordon does fill the 3 spot on the roster as Gordon is the primary defender of other perimeter oriented SFs. 

But technically Isaac and Gordon both simultaneously play both forward positions and their responsibilities are tweaked based on matchup and lineup situations. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Because depending on your perspective Gordon does fill the 3 spot on the roster as Gordon is the primary defender of other perimeter oriented SFs. 

But technically Isaac and Gordon both simultaneously play both forward positions and their responsibilities are tweaked based on matchup and lineup situations. 

I agree. Lowe said that Gordon appears to be playing the 3 “exclusively”. 

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I agree. Lowe said that Gordon appears to be playing the 3 “exclusively”. 

It's just a language situation. Last year we played a two man rotation at 4 with Isaac or Gordon on the court at all times. So Gordon played backup 4 (or Isaac depending on what you're definitions are). By adding aminu, another "4", there's not a lineup we're probably going to play where Gordon isn't playing with another "4" in the base rotation. 

They're talking about us at a very base level without any nuance because positions have vague definitions. Some people define positions as "who you defend" but if we're playing a mcw-Fournier lineup and we have mcw defend the sg while we hide Fournier on the point guard does that make Fournier the point guard?

Basically we won't play a 3 in our rotation. But in all base level discussions Gordon is our 3

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Multiple. 

They mention how crazy it is that Gordon wasn't put on team USA, note that he seems like a guy who could have one of those careers where he makes a big leap in his mid 20s. 

Then they mention later on how we're a dark horse for the 3 seed.

This is just so crazy to me.

1) by all accounts Gordon wanted to go

2) he has been on the select team before, so it isn't like he hasn't been around team USA

3) He plays a position that they need

4) he is better than most of the players on the team

7 hours ago, Odin said:

This is just so crazy to me.

1) by all accounts Gordon wanted to go

2) he has been on the select team before, so it isn't like he hasn't been around team USA

3) He plays a position that they need

4) he is better than most of the players on the team

Yeah. It's weird. Maybe he ended up saying in private that he didn't want to go. 

This tournament is a little inconvenient. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. It's weird. Maybe he ended up saying in private that he didn't want to go. 

This tournament is a little inconvenient. 

Yeah it's not the Olympics 

On 9/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, ?4thewin said:

No updates lately. 

I've thought for a long time he'd be ready for training camp. 

Thanks! How much weight have you given to the JA or AG position on his progress? I don't know if either Issac or Gordon exaggerate their experiences, so I am hopeful that he will be ready for camp or not far behind. 

Inspiration: 

Edited by chosen12
update

56 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Thanks! How much weight have you given to the JA or AG position on his progress? I don't know if either Issac or Gordon exaggerate their experiences, so I am hopeful that he will be ready for camp or not far behind. 

Inspiration: 

I don't really consider what the other guys say because you don't really know how honest they're being. 

And while I'm optimistic he'll be ready for training camp there's still a very reasonable chance that he'll play 10 or 20 or 50 games and have to sit again. So while he might look fantastic in training videos and we might get super hyped about a great performance in the preseason we need to constantly temper that enthusiasm with the realization that it might be short lived. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Whenever I'm feeling down I just remind myself that Elfrid Payton isn't our Point Guard anymore

FTW! I think that dude held us back for years. Still can't believe Henny bounced Dipo and Harris during that time as a Magic fan.

• Like 1