Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

42 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Maybe GMs are just lazier than we like to think, and not many know how good Birch really is.

I woulda planned on keeping Birch and picked a PG instead of Mo. I really like his game as a 2nd stringer.

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Maybe GMs are just lazier than we like to think, and not many know how good Birch really is.

Gotta remember it's a job and not everyone is super amazing at their job compared to the field just because they have a position in the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I would have preferred it if our guys would have stayed home and worked on their game. I think that would benefit us more this season.

I'd agree if we were talking about Isaac or Bamba but what is Fournier going to add to his game in 3 weeks. 

22 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He'd really be the starting 5 anywhere that has a roster that doesn't require significant offensive production from their center spot. 

I'm still a little amazed that Boston went with kanter over him. They have kemba, Tatum, Brown, and Hayward. They have smart who can sometimes provide supplementary scoring. They have a few rookies that collectively should provide 1 other decent offensive player per game. They don't need kanter. They need a guy who can set screens, defend the pick and roll, and rim protect. 

Boston  is not a good example. Khem is really just a big forward, Boston has many forwards. They needed a true center.

While Kanter is known to have poor defense he is a near 7 footer over 255 pounds.

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Boston  is not a good example. Khem is really just a big forward, Boston has many forwards. They needed a true center.

While Kanter is known to have poor defense he is a near 7 footer over 255 pounds.

This isn't true at all. Khem is a center. He does all the things you want a center to do despite the fact he's 6'9. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This isn't true at all. Khem is a center. He does all the things you want a center to do despite the fact he's 6'9. 

Khem does things that Boston hopes Theis, Williams and Williams will do for them. Going back to last year, most Boston fans have been saying the team lacks size.

Danny must have felt the same, i stand by what i said, Kanter has the height and weight of a true center. Even if he has been benched for poor defense and screens, he has the athleticism and size to do better, it's why teams keep playing him.

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Khem does things that Boston hopes Theis, Williams and Williams will do for them. Going back to last year, most Boston fans have been saying the team lacks size.

Danny must have felt the same, i stand by what i said, Kanter has the height and weight of a true center. Even if he has been benched for poor defense and screens, he has the athleticism and size to do better, it's why teams keep playing him.

What's the point of size when it doesn't correspond to positive impact on the defensive end? 

On 9/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, ?4thewin said:

Fournier had 26/10/3 on 50/50/78 shooting in a win over Germany

Vucevic had 12 points and 3 rebounds in a big loss to Greece. But he's the only guy better than decent on that team. 

I would love to see that Fournier all this year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

What Magic fan wouldn’t? Lol 

Yeah. We don't even really need him to score. Just need his shooting to get back near 40%