Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I would like to see AG work on his footwork. If he can be elite in that area, I think the rest of his game will follow.

Hopefully that's part of the Kobe training.  Kobe's footwork was elite.  Maybe they'll focus on that rather than fadeaways & "mamba mentality" lol

• Upvote 1

Optimistic take here -- I think AG makes a leap this year.  He's working too hard not to IMO.  He got a taste of the postseason and guarded the best player in the playoffs.  He saw firsthand the skill level there.  He now has a concrete understanding of what it takes to play against a guy like that at his peak. 

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I would like to see AG work on his footwork. If he can be elite in that area, I think the rest of his game will follow.

Particularly his first step or maybe his second step. 

He's explosive but he has trouble taking those first couple steps and getting by people every time. Every so often he blows past guys and you're like "holy ****". He doesn't do that enough. 

I wonder if he's too in love with his step back game resulting in him using those initial steps to get his guy off balance and give him space for his mid-range game instead of just taking guys to the rim. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Optimistic take here -- I think AG makes a leap this year.  He's working too hard not to IMO.  He got a taste of the postseason and guarded the best player in the playoffs.  He saw firsthand the skill level there.  He now has a concrete understanding of what it takes to play against a guy like that at his peak. 

I agree. I’m hoping the 3rd quarter that he absolutely took over in the Raptors series (can’t remember which game) was a sign of things to come. I also hope we scheme to get him involved more. Unfortunately, us playing through Vooch hurts Gordon’s ceiling.

• Upvote 1

AG has a bad problem of Fading away on his mid range jumpshots. If he just went straight up and shot i think that he'd average 2-4 points more a game already. But one of his main issues is not making a decision and having to dribble a little then do a turn around jumpshot fadeaway. Cmon your not Larry Bird...

• Downvote 1

Mo still looks taller (maybe they've both grown). It's always interesting if the young players got taller or stronger.

Whoever's in the costume must be like 6'8"/6'9" ha

30 minutes ago, Irelando said:

Mo still looks taller (maybe they've both grown). It's always interesting if the young players got taller or stronger.

What do you mean is a costume?? :(

2 hours ago, Irelando said:

Is it just me or do the claims of JI and Bamba putting on a ton of muscle seem to be legit? I don’t remember seeing any muscle on them last year and they both are looking noticeably swole in this pic. 

18 hours ago, Irelando said:

JI looks taller than Mo!

On 8/28/2019 at 11:10 AM, ?4thewin said:

Particularly his first step or maybe his second step. 

He's explosive but he has trouble taking those first couple steps and getting by people every time. Every so often he blows past guys and you're like "holy ****". He doesn't do that enough. 

I wonder if he's too in love with his step back game resulting in him using those initial steps to get his guy off balance and give him space for his mid-range game instead of just taking guys to the rim. 

He has the first step. It’s his footwork while dribbling sometimes. He just doesn’t look nimble at times. Almost like a newborn giraffe. I’m sure it can get better and this is real encouraging hat he’s working with Kobe on this.