Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Not to be a downer but we're definitely approaching a ceiling unless fultz comes back, Gordon takes another big step forward and he changes from a guy who can exploit mismatches to a guy who can attack every night, or we make a trade to grab a guy who can fill that role. 

We can win a few more games this season but don't forget the lessons learned from the playoff series. We have a bunch of guys who can't beat good individual defenders (with the exception of Gordon). That's ok. But it relies on a guy who can do that to take the defensive attention away from those guys so they can operate with a little space. Until that happens we're pretty stuck as effectively what we are. 

I like how you can be positive and still be honest. I feel we will be better then last year, but are still looking for a star. It's that simple.

I'll take the Playoffs and the hustle. Way better then being a perennial rebuilding team. I like our team and we still have room for growth.

That being said, i think  we only have two real X-factors on the team. Isaac and Fultz. I honestly think everyone else on the team are what we see already, even Bamba.

I want to be wrong but i do not see a star in him, possibly a player who only gets there on his second contract. Sure, i think Gordon and  Evan can play their asses off and earn an all-star game one year.I think if Gordon had looked like Siakam in that series i would be singing a different tune Siakam looked like the future star, not Gordon.

Hopefully one of our players turns into that franchise guy.Until then i look forward to the playoffs, maybe we can be the 2004 Pistons! 

On 8/18/2019 at 3:28 PM, ?4thewin said:

Breaking news. Attraction at Disney springs is expensive. 

Well of course it fits the high wealth demographic.  The area has a cult vibe to it as it is.  

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I like how you can be positive and still be honest. I feel we will be better then last year, but are still looking for a star. It's that simple.

I'll take the Playoffs and the hustle. Way better then being a perennial rebuilding team. I like our team and we still have room for growth.

That being said, i think  we only have two real X-factors on the team. Isaac and Fultz. I honestly think everyone else on the team are what we see already, even Bamba.

I want to be wrong but i do not see a star in him, possibly a player who only gets there on his second contract. Sure, i think Gordon and  Evan can play their asses off and earn an all-star game one year.I think if Gordon had looked like Siakam in that series i would be singing a different tune Siakam looked like the future star, not Gordon.

Hopefully one of our players turns into that franchise guy.Until then i look forward to the playoffs, maybe we can be the 2004 Pistons! 

Nah. Bamba had the exact season you would expect from a rookie center without elite offensive skills. You can't write him off yet. 

Here's a thread where I compared him to a bunch of other centers throughout history. 

So right now we don't know if he's going to be Samuel Dalembert or Myles Turner or Drummond or mutombo but you can't rule anything out yet. 

21 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Not to be a downer but we're definitely approaching a ceiling unless fultz comes back, Gordon takes another big step forward and he changes from a guy who can exploit mismatches to a guy who can attack every night, or we make a trade to grab a guy who can fill that role. 

We can win a few more games this season but don't forget the lessons learned from the playoff series. We have a bunch of guys who can't beat good individual defenders (with the exception of Gordon). That's ok. But it relies on a guy who can do that to take the defensive attention away from those guys so they can operate with a little space. Until that happens we're pretty stuck as effectively what we are. 

Well said! There is nothing wrong with being realistic about things, especially since we really can't do anything about it this year. Even though we might have reached our ceiling, I am still looking forward to the season and watching our team grow. 

I think we can win a bunch of games, but our ceiling — with the current roster — is around what the best Wall-Beal teams were. A tough out in the 2nd round

I see us having 2 camps in our team, Vuc+Fournier and the rest of the guys. I don't think Vucevic makes Gordon and Isaac better so we'll never reach our true potential while they're all playing at the same time.

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but France played Montenegro and Gordon commented on Fournier's photo on Instagram, saying something like "I bet you still passed to Vucevic", which might've been a joke but a sneak diss at the same time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think we can win a bunch of games, but our ceiling — with the current roster — is around what the best Wall-Beal teams were. A tough out in the 2nd round

I see us having 2 camps in our team, Vuc+Fournier and the rest of the guys. I don't think Vucevic makes Gordon and Isaac better so we'll never reach our true potential while they're all playing at the same time.

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but France played Montenegro and Gordon commented on Fournier's photo on Instagram, saying something like "I bet you still passed to Vucevic", which might've been a joke but a sneak diss at the same time.

Hah great post. Sounds exactly like a joke and sneaky diss. I really hope Aaron continues to improve and grows into a bigger role so he gets more ball. 

Hope we see plenty of minutes for good non Vuc and Fournier lineups this season say Birch-Isaac-Gordon-Ross-Augustin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't really think there's any rift/animosity anymore.  We don't have that end of season stretch if the guys are feuding or holding grudges.  Vooch/Fournier buddy ball was much less egregious last season per the eye test, but I will admit I haven't looked at the touches/passing stats.  All of the players seem to really enjoy each other now, which hasn't been the case in a while... and definitely not while Ibaka was here, they hated him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So we know Gordon can play like this occasionally

Hypothetically if fultz is a non-entity we would need this type of performance anytime we play in big games for the franchise to take another leap. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Is there any way to save a recording that you want to keep?  Can you download it or something?

Just thinking about the upcoming Magic win in the 7th game of the NBA championship  :)

Not officially. There might be separate devices you can buy (like video capture devices, Elgato or something is one I've heard of) that can record the video from PCs and various other devices. There might even be separate programs that do this. It's probably not technically 100% legal, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to do with an internet search.

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Not officially. There might be separate devices you can buy (like video capture devices, Elgato or something is one I've heard of) that can record the video from PCs and various other devices. There might even be separate programs that do this. It's probably not technically 100% legal, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to do with an internet search.

Thank you