Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

^^^^

Disappointed by a lot of this stuff that I'm hearing. People are setting themselves up to be bitter and awful if Fultz ends up having a set back or doesn't contribute early. Let's please not be anything like Philly fans now or later.

Dude is crazy talented, but is going through some stuff that none of us will ever fully understand or go through ourselves. Let's support the kid, be positive and cautiously optimistic and see what happens.

I think the last 2 pages sum up exactly why Fultz doesn’t want video of his progress being leaked. If you’re a Magic fan and you aren’t pulling for this kid through and through and feeling some sort of excitement about yesterday’s clips then I don’t know what to say to ya.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We also need to put our Fultz expectations in to perspective based on what we gave up for him, not what he was supposed to be coming in to the league. We gave up a top 20 protected pick, that after watching this offseasons events almost assuredly turn in to a 2nd rounder, and a veteran who was playing so poorly he fell out of the rotation to a 2nd year 2nd round pick. If Fultz becomes even serviceable the trade is a win, if he re-realizes his potential, it starts being talked about as one of the most lobsided trades ever.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We also need to put our Fultz expectations in to perspective based on what we gave up for him, not what he was supposed to be coming in to the league. We gave up a top 20 protected pick, that after watching this offseasons events almost assuredly turn in to a 2nd rounder, and a veteran who was playing so poorly he fell out of the rotation to a 2nd year 2nd round pick. If Fultz becomes even serviceable the trade is a win, if he re-realizes his potential, it starts being talked about as one of the most lobsided trades ever.

I've just been catching up on the last couple of pages but this is exactly what I was about to post!

Philly used pick one on him, so you can sort of see where their hate is coming from (I still don't agree with it but it's a little more understandable).

We gave up just a likely 2nd round pick for him, a player who's ceiling is still sky high (that part never disappeared). So getting a guy like that with a top 20 protected pick you have to expect that there is a big possibility that he doesn't hit that mark, if it was likely then Philly would have got a pretty big haul for him in a trade.

If Fultz breaks down tomorrow and is never able to play again he still should receive nothing but love and well wishes from us Magic fans.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ML6 said:

I don't think that Fultz's ability or inability to do just that is determined at 21.  We are making a ****load of assumptions here over the past 2 pages. 

Not making any assumptions.  I’m hoping the new start here works for him, as I’ve said a number of times.  But there are 10 top 10 draft picks every year, and while some disappoint, the way it’s occurred with Fultz is very unusual.  So I agree with those who are saying let’s wait and see what he can bring, but not get our hopes up too much.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Not making any assumptions.  I’m hoping the new start here works for him, as I’ve said a number of times.  But there are 10 top 10 draft picks every year, and while some disappoint, the way it’s occurred with Fultz is very unusual.  So I agree with those who are saying let’s wait and see what he can bring, but not get our hopes up too much.  

For the record my assumptions comment was not directed at you specifically.  It was at the conversation overall.  And I think that your stance here is very reasonable.

36 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Chuma signed?

Nothing is out there. 

It would be such a "this front office" moment for them to have signed okeke 3 weeks ago and then just not tell anyone. 

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

For the record my assumptions comment was not directed at you specifically.  It was at the conversation overall.  And I think that your stance here is very reasonable.

My apologies.  I obviously didn’t interpret your post correctly.  My bad.