Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Melo on first take saying he’s willing to come off the bench and be a leader on the court and in the locker room. I wouldn’t mind giving him a chance with our second unit to provide crazy scoring along with TRoss. 

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Melo on first take saying he’s willing to come off the bench and be a leader on the court and in the locker room. I wouldn’t mind giving him a chance with our second unit to provide crazy scoring along with TRoss. 

Im sure he was referring to coming off the bench while playing in one of the top contenders out of the west.  

Not sure he wants to be a role player in a team like the Magic.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Im sure he was referring to coming off the bench while playing in one of the top contenders out of the west.  

He said his preferred option was to play for a contender but if that’s not an option he just wants to continue playing in the league. What better narrative for a comeback than helping the Magic become a better team than last year and still show he can play and help a team win. 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

He said his preferred option was to play for a contender but if that’s not an option he just wants to continue playing in the league. What better narrative for a comeback than helping the Magic become a better team than last year and still show he can play and help a team win. 

He was not even invited to play for the USA team this year. Even when players were refusing to play. 

Our team has no room for him. I rather give Jeffrey the open slot than to him. Not to mention we have no cap space. 

I dont see him playing for the Magic. Maybe he gets a chance in LA.

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He was not even invited to play for the USA team this year. Even when players were refusing to play. 

Our team has no room for him. I rather give Jeffrey the open slot than to him. Not to mention we have no cap space. 

I dont see him playing for the Magic. Maybe he gets a chance in LA.

Can he even be invited even though he isn’t on a roster? Either way I’d take a flyer on him seeing as he’s looking for a fresh start and he still has game. We need scoring and having him come off the bench for us would be better than having Jeffries, Melo is a proven scorer and we need to score points. We can stash Jeffries on our G league team. 

On 7/30/2019 at 10:21 PM, ?4thewin said:

What are you talking about?

Someone questioned him playing opening day before my post when he had almost 2 seasons off.  Is he psychological or physically damaged is my question.  Looking at the answers after my post, it looks like he's not damaged at all and you've mentioned him losing weight and such.  I guess this is still a wait and see.  

24 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Someone questioned him playing opening day before my post when he had almost 2 seasons off.  Is he psychological or physically damaged is my question.  Looking at the answers after my post, it looks like he's not damaged at all and you've mentioned him losing weight and such.  I guess this is still a wait and see.  

Nobody has any answers because we don't have any information. 

He looked great last summer too. Then his nerve issue flared up. 

That's why I fully expect him to be ready for training camp. It was never a question because this is a repetitive motion issue. So it's typical that it gets better with rest. That's why you see him play, regress, rest, come back, regress, rest, come back, regress, rest, come back. As he starts to play more his condition worsens because of the repetitive motion. When he stops the repetitive motion he gets better. 

So "being ready for training camp" isn't really a worry. "What he looks like after training camp" is a big worry. 

25 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It’s his foot work with the ball in his hands that irks me.

Can you elaborate? Because it looks pretty standard to me

8 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

i got a good laugh at this one. I can see melo face. The magic said what... lol