Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

38 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

There has to be a trade in the works. Only thing I can think that will make sense at this point. 

Also, did the forum went down for a few minutes earlier?

There was a server issue

30 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

There’s chatter on Instagram about us wanting Derozan. Is there any way this could involve Okeke? I hope not. Derozan is not really good anymore. 

The Spurs had serious ties to Chuma on draft night, so there’s not a zero percent chance

It's too difficult to make a DeRozan trade now because we don't have the matching salaries. 

A month ago it made sense because we could trade fournier and Augustin then replace Augustin in free agency with the MLE. We can't do that now. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

It's too difficult to make a DeRozan trade now because we don't have the matching salaries. 

A month ago it made sense because we could trade fournier and Augustin then replace Augustin in free agency with the MLE. We can't do that now. 

All depends on 1) our thoughts on MCW or 2) if they involve White or Murray, they got Mills too, but he’s too pricey. But, we’ve also had this same conversation many of times. If we were trading Derozan we wouldn’t have stretched Mozgov

I agree with you about them being leaders in the community. They just set this franchise back far enough all these years to make me want to dislike them with all the boneheaded decisions they’ve made in the past. I hope they have really learned their lesson and let WeltHam do their job and build this team the right way. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What if we're trying to trade Okeke in a package for LeVert?

Why? And what makes you think this could be a possibility?

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Why? And what makes you think this could be a possibility?

If we're looking at trades (assumption 1) using okeke's rights it has to be for guys on low money contracts or else why not just sign him 3 weeks ago?

Maybe they shop LeVert (assumption 2) because he's not as valuable as a complimentary player as we saw last year when he couldn't really coexist with Russell. 

But I don't know if LeVert is available. I don't know if they'd be interested in Okeke. 

Maybe we're not shopping Okeke at all. Maybe we're just sitting around waiting to see if anyone becomes available like Kyrie did that one year and if nothing happens in the next few days we'll sign him. 

It's just a weird situation that doesn't really make sense. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If we're looking at trades (assumption 1) using okeke's rights it has to be for guys on low money contracts or else why not just sign him 3 weeks ago?

Maybe they shop LeVert (assumption 2) because he's not as valuable as a complimentary player as we saw last year when he couldn't really coexist with Russell. 

But I don't know if LeVert is available. I don't know if they'd be interested in Okeke. 

Maybe we're not shopping Okeke at all. Maybe we're just sitting around waiting to see if anyone becomes available like Kyrie did that one year and if nothing happens in the next few days we'll sign him. 

It's just a weird situation that doesn't really make sense. 

Yeah, if we’re targeting 2s still on rookie deals that could be available it could make sense. Jaylen Brown, Caris LeVert, Malik Beasley, Malik Monk, Luke Kennard, Lonnie  Walker, Josh Okogie?

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, if we’re targeting 2s still on rookie deals that could be available it could make sense. Jaylen Brown, Caris LeVert, Malik Beasley, Malik Monk, Luke Kennard, Lonnie  Walker, Josh Okogie?

Pretty much. Though I wouldn't trade Okeke for Kennard or okogie. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Pretty much. Though I wouldn't trade Okeke for Kennard or okogie. 

True. I’d love either Malik here. Obviously, JB and Caris are 1A and 1B, but also would probably cost the most and are least likely to be dealt. Brown, LeVert and Beasley are all due to be RFA next year, which is a risk in itself considering how much money we already have committed.