Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Isaac didn't change at all as a distributor after his improvement. He was the worst distributor on the team. 

That is why it is listed as an area of growth.  He showed flashes of that type of game in the summer league last year but his shooting was terrible.  It will take time IF it happens.  But since he is the worst only one way to go...Up!

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

For all practical purposes 1 assist to 1 turnover per game.  In other words not much.  Biut his skill set says something different.  Was a PG until his sophomore year in high school.  He can handle the ball but has not done so yet.  With Fournier dribbling the ball for 15 seconds how can he?  lol. JI's growth, since we know he can shoot, has to become twofold......PF as a distributor like Leonard and Durant (and no I am not saying he is either of those two players) and a down low game (like Siakam).  With his shooting either one will work and if he does  both  it will put him in "rarified air" status.

Oh I dont mean assist to turnover I just mean turnover. I dont recall him turning the ball over much at all. I love JIs game and believe he has all the tools necessary to be truly elite

• Upvote 1

Isaac will be good. Maybe a few all star games even. He will never be our best offensive player(so long as we are trending up), he will never be a superstar, he will never be a star he will never be elite.

I gauge Isaac much like Gordon. A guy with some very good years, a career that last 15 years, an all star game at the least but always on the cusp. Trevor Ariza type of career. 

Fultz is the only guy with that level of talent on our team. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Isaac will be good. Maybe a few all star games even. He will never be our best offensive player(so long as we are trending up), he will never be a superstar, he will never be a star he will never be elite.

I gauge Isaac much like Gordon. A guy with some very good years, a career that last 15 years, an all star game at the least but always on the cusp. Trevor Ariza type of career. 

Fultz is the only guy with that level of talent on our team. 

I don't know what Isaac is going to be. He could be rashard Lewis. He could be tayshaun Prince. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know what Isaac is going to be. He could be rashard Lewis. He could be tayshaun Prince. 

Was Lewis or Tayshaun elite? Were they superstars? Were they stars? Tayshaun never made an all star team and Lewis made 2. That's kind of in line were I see Gordon and Isaac.

I've just seen A LOT of Isaac hype recently and I think Magic fans are over valuing him a bit. I get it though. Many of us are so desperate for a star that they are focusing on the young guy with unlimited potential. He just isn't that guy.  

This is why i get so upset about the near misses in the last 3 drafts. We were so close to that transcendent player.Hopefully one of our guys rises above.

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Was Lewis or Tayshaun elite? Were they superstars? Were they stars? Tayshaun never made an all star team and Lewis made 2. That's kind of in line were I see Gordon and Isaac.

I've just seen A LOT of Isaac hype recently and I think Magic fans are over valuing him a bit. I get it though. Many of us are so desperate for a star that they are focusing on the young guy with unlimited potential. He just isn't that guy.  

Coming from a fan just like the rest of us. To say someone is absolutely not going to become something is absolutely ludicrous. The guy is just getting his feet wet and if you watched the games where JI was feeling good on offense you could just see the confidence coming out in his game. If you give the man more touches he’s going to produce more simple as that. To try and say he’s not going to be great in this league based off of nothing more than personal opinion is laughable. Give the guy a chance to at least grow into his body and get consistent playing time and some plays called for him. God forbid we are patient with our players and actually let them develop here instead of on another team. I think too many people are wanting to win the quick and easy way with how the league is trending with all this buddy ball super team garbage. If we are patient and actually develop our players correctly we will be a scary team to beat. I’d rather develop our players and build something the right way than pull these Houston moves and over paying to try and stay relevant. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Coming from a fan just like the rest of us. To say someone is absolutely not going to become something is absolutely ludicrous. The guy is just getting his feet wet and if you watched the games where JI was feeling good on offense you could just see the confidence coming out in his game. If you give the man more touches he’s going to produce more simple as that. To try and say he’s not going to be great in this league based off of nothing more than personal opinion is laughable. Give the guy a chance to at least grow into his body and get consistent playing time and some plays called for him. God forbid we are patient with our players and actually let them develop here instead of on another team. I think too many people are wanting to win the quick and easy way with how the league is trending with all this buddy ball super team garbage. If we are patient and actually develop our players correctly we will be a scary team to beat. I’d rather develop our players and build something the right way than pull these Houston moves and over paying to try and stay relevant. 

You act as if I predicted a death wish upon him. When did a few all star games or a 15 year career become a bad thing? This also isn't some random opinion I pulled out of thin air. He has been scouted (go back a page I posted his draftexpress evaluation) and he lacks a killer instinct whether you want to believe it or not. Again that isn't a bad thing being that there are only a handful of guys in the league that possess it anyways. I want to see every player on our team succeed I just won't over value a guy simply because I'm rooting form him. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Isaac didn't change at all as a distributor after his improvement. He was the worst distributor on the team. 

he probably had one of the lowest usage rates on the team as well. He is really just asked to stand in the corner and shoot when open. Even when Isaac has like a 6 inch advantage, we dont go to him. I think it is sad, we dont look to him more.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Not just any player can score 16 points in one quarter against the Boston Celtics while both teams are  competing for the playoffs.  That is not just potential and that is not being desparate.  That just  proves he does have a chance to be that type of guy.  Still will boil down to improving in the right area's, never being satisfied.  I could see him being as good, if not better, than P. Siakam and that was awful good tjhis year.  Will take a couple years but this was essentially his rookie year, so if he continues to improve next year (got to develop a game in the paint/near the basket) I think we will have  mismatch at SF (in our favor) for most teams in the NBA.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You act as if I predicted a death wish upon him. When did a few all star games or a 15 year career become a bad thing? This also isn't some random opinion I pulled out of thin air. He has been scouted (go back a page I posted his draftexpress evaluation) and he lacks a killer instinct whether you want to believe it or not. Again that isn't a bad thing being that there are only a handful of guys in the league that possess it anyways. I want to see every player on our team succeed I just won't over value a guy simply because I'm rooting form him. 

I see Isaac more as a defensive force with a respectable offensive game. Now if he can get his offense up to par with his defense (which I can see him doing) he will be in the conversation with those handful of guys you’re talking about. Again the guys is young and already trying to define his career is crazy. Especially considering last year was his first full year of playing time. You can’t tell me a guy so young won’t continue to develop. Will he be a super star maybe not but saying he definitely won’t be is being short sighted and unrealistic. Again let the guy play first and develop before projecting him as staying in the league and  getting a couple all star nods. What other people fail to stop and think about his usage is maybe that’s just been his coaches game plans and he hasn’t had a chance to showcase that killer mentality because he plays team ball and wants his team to win. That’s one of the reasons I wanted us not to resign Vuc and somehow trade away Fournier. More touches would become available and we could run more offense through AG and get JI more touches. Honestly he has the most potential on our team besides Fultz and the aforementioned guy hasn’t even stepped on the court for us yet. I see JI taking a big step this year and don’t be surprised if he’s running for MIP next year especially if those 25 pounds of muscle he supposedly put on over the summer rumors are true.