Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Where Isaac's upside may be slightly limited is in his offensive aggression, or lack thereof. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Isaac-90052/ ©DraftExpress

far too happy to fade into the background, defend, rebound, and take an occasional open shot. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Isaac-90052/ ©DraftExpress

He's a worker who will undoubtedly compete, but his sometimes-passive nature on the offensive end makes it hard to project him as more than a third or fourth option on a winning team. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Isaac-90052/ ©DraftExpress

Everybody has opinions. Just giving mine. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Mehhh I would say Fultz. JI isn’t an alpha. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Anybody who can get in front of many people and preach their beliefs is an alpha in my book.  fultz has a TON to show he is even a player still let alone an alpha. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

How does that correspond to isolation offense?

The comment that 'fan for too long 2' made brings to mind Charlie Ward who played football and basketball at fsu and with the ny knicks. They both (Isaac and Ward) have something in common.

Ward also preached while playing in the nba. In his rookie year, he played sparingly. He developed into a top notch point guard for the knicks. Read more . . .

"Ward played sparingly in his rookie year under head coach Pat Riley, but the Knicks organization referred to him as "the point guard of the future." When assistant coach Jeff Van Gundy took over the head coaching position, Ward's time on the floor began to increase, becoming the primary backup for point guard Derek Harper. He became a fan favorite in New York for his hard work ethic and unselfish play. During his NBA career, Ward established himself as a good three-point shooter, a reliable ball distributor, and a respected floor leader.

In Game 5 of the 1997 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Miami Heat, with the Knicks holding a 3–1 series lead, Ward tried to box out P. J. Brown. When he tried to get inside after the free throw shot, Brown became frustrated, then retaliated by lifting Ward up and body-slamming him."

About Ward's Preaching Work

"Off the court, Ward became known for his extensive charitable work through groups like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

In 2001, while playing for the Knicks, it was discovered that Ward had made disparaging comments about Jews during a Bible-study session." (Ward apologized and was forgiven by the Jewish community.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ward

Edit:  Isaac and Ward has/had similar potentials in their rookie year in the NBA. They both have their spirituality that help(ed) them to BELIEVE that through hard work and perseverance, anything is possible.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Even in best case scenarios why is Fultz always placed as a starter? Dj is the starter!

Because if Fultz is healthy, he is a recent #1 pick with superstar potential.

DJ is not.

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

G-9rsdKvLvmbrX5U87LGvsP8kVqSbdoZqc1kAA_r

I believe we have the distinct possibility to have two superstars on our roster, Fultz and JI.  For sure Fultz has the talent and skillset and this year showed me JI does too.  It will take time, and above all, it will take attitude  The attitude to be the best, to never be satisfied, to always improve, to know you are the best.  That will be the biggest challenge and never comes without putting in the hard work which is why it takes time .  I feel pretty good both will do that too.   Gonna be fun to watch.  And if we can get Bamba anywhere near that discussion, game over!

Dennis Scott preached in front of some kids.  He certainly gave them quite the alpha pep talk.

15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm skeptical

not sure why  you would be skeptical about isaac growth after working out. He does  not seem like someone that would lie about some like weight. 

12 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

What's JIs turnover rate?

For all practical purposes 1 assist to 1 turnover per game.  In other words not much.  Biut his skill set says something different.  Was a PG until his sophomore year in high school.  He can handle the ball but has not done so yet.  With Fournier dribbling the ball for 15 seconds how can he?  lol. JI's growth, since we know he can shoot, has to become twofold......PF as a distributor like Leonard and Durant (and no I am not saying he is either of those two players) and a down low game (like Siakam).  With his shooting either one will work and if he does  both  it will put him in "rarified air" status.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

For all practical purposes 1 assist to 1 turnover per game.  In other words not much.  Biut his skill set says something different.  Was a PG until his sophomore year in high school.  He can handle the ball but has not done so yet.  With Fournier dribbling the ball for 15 seconds how can he?  lol. JI's growth, since we know he can shoot, has to become twofold......PF as a distributor like Leonard and Durant (and no I am not saying he is either of those two players) and a down low game (like Siakam).  With his shooting either one will work and if he does  both  it will put him in "rarified air" status.

Isaac didn't change at all as a distributor after his improvement. He was the worst distributor on the team.