Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a good thread of Bamba analysis

Yeah it would have to be for a true legit all star for me to be ok with trading him. I’ve always liked his potential. My concern is his defense. So much ability there but looks disinterested at times and maybe that’s the case. Maybe he just overthinks IDK. If he can be aggressive on both ends, when the game eventually slows down for him, he can be really really good.

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

I just hope we give Bamba every opportunity to become that best version of himself and not stunt his growth playing 16 mins a game behind Vuc.

We also can't tank the team that we do have trying to force Bamba into the lineup when he isnt ready for it

• Upvote 1

Okay...so let's play the "try not to get your hopes up...while also kinda getting your hopes up" game

IF everyone is healthy (or near 100%) what is the best starting 5 that we can imagine for this season? Maybe go 3-4 deep on the bench to imagine a playoff scenario too. 

I would say:

Fultz, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Vuc 

MCW, Ross, Aminu, Bamba

That's still leaving off Iwundu/Augustin/Birch

Do we feel like this team can be a 3-4 seed in the East?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Okay...so let's play the "try not to get your hopes up...while also kinda getting your hopes up" game

IF everyone is healthy (or near 100%) what is the best starting 5 that we can imagine for this season? Maybe go 3-4 deep on the bench to imagine a playoff scenario too. 

I would say:

MCW, Ross, Aminu, Bamba

DJ isn’t on the team anymore? 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I would say:

MCW, Ross, Aminu, Bamba

I think an optimistic outlook is the 5th seed.  I also think that having Augustin completely out of the guard rotation is ludicrous considering the fine season he just had, not to mention how MCW is a situational player exclusively.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

DJ isn’t on the team anymore? 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I think an optimistic outlook is the 5th seed.  I also think that having Augustin completely out of the guard rotation is ludicrous considering the fine season he just had, not to mention how MCW is a situational player exclusively.

No I wasn't leaving him off the team...but I think if people remain healthy (again, I understand it's a big IF but I'm talking about having a season where people actually reach their potential)...I think Fultz/MCW go 1-2 in the guard spot. But realistically, we all probably need to temper hopes with Fultz till we see some actual game play. So it will still probably be DJ/MCW. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t see a world where MCW takes DJ’s backup minutes in a hypothetical where Fultz starts. 

I can agree with that. That was honestly the position I was torn with the most (which is weird considering how badly we wanted a PG last off-season). I just think MCW is playing great right now because he knows this is probably one of his last attempts to be a contributor in the league without having to go overseas or anything. So I think he is playing motivated. We got flashes of his rookie of the year play last season, I'd love to see that continue. If that happens and Fultz plays to what he is capable of doing...I could see DJ losing minutes or packaged with Fournier in a trade of some sort.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t see a world where MCW takes DJ’s backup minutes in a hypothetical where Fultz starts. 

Yeah. MCW is a necessity in the rotation because we need a point guard who can play defense to make our team work. But Fultz replaces that. 

Damn Randle and Plumlee getting the invite to team USA over Gordon? 

Even me, mr AG hater can admit that’s going way to far lol. 

Edit: And Harrell.