Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

In other words, does it mean that Jeffries could end up in a similar situation as Humphries? Meaning he could end up on the g-league team. Something he wants to avoid.

We've been stagnant addressing these end of bench/two way/camp spots because we've been negotiating and trying to get Jeffries to take a two way while Jeffries has also probably been searching for a team to give him guaranteed money. Jeffries is too good for a g-league spot but hasn't shown enough to get real NBA money either so both parties have been in a holding pattern for now. We planned on Jeffries taking Jefferson's spot. When he wouldn't we just decided to keep Jefferson. 

Having a convenient with some idiot I know and he reckons Julius Randle is better than AG? 

Please somebody let me shut him down. He just talks about his stats ok the pelicans last season against back ups I might add... delusional

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Nope. He was injured when we got him so no injury exception. Brooklyn can't get one for Durant either

thanks for letting me know. Honestly what do you think is going on

40 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Having a convenient with some idiot I know and he reckons Julius Randle is better than AG? 

Please somebody let me shut him down. He just talks about his stats ok the pelicans last season against back ups I might add... delusional

It's not an argument you can really win because randle's box score numbers are better. 

All I know is anytime they're matched up against each other Gordon destroys him and randle can't get things going. Also he's been a free agent these past two offseasons and keeps getting 1-2 year deals in offseasons with better markets for him. 

He put up gaudy numbers on a team that lost to the McGee-rondo-Caruso Lakers by 30 points

He dropped 31 in a loss against a Phoenix team that started okobo-Bridges-Jackson-spalding-Bender

It's kind of impossible to judge his numbers from last season as he was given the role as a number one option on a team that had given up. 

Devin Booker had significantly better stats than Donovan Mitchell and Jimmy Butler, is Booker the best player out of the 3? Some advanced stats say no. Some say yes. Same deal with Gordon vs randle. Those same advanced stats say vucevic is equal to or better than embiid. 

Gross numbers say vucevic is on a completely different tier than Marc Gasol. That he's significantly better than Gasol. Gasol destroyed him in the playoffs. Who is better?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not an argument you can really win because randle's box score numbers are better. 

All I know is anytime they're matched up against each other Gordon destroys him and randle can't get things going. Also he's been a free agent these past two offseasons and keeps getting 1-2 year deals in offseasons with better markets for him. 

He put up gaudy numbers on a team that lost to the McGee-rondo-Caruso Lakers by 30 points

He dropped 31 in a loss against a Phoenix team that started okobo-Bridges-Jackson-spalding-Bender

It's kind of impossible to judge his numbers from last season as he was given the role as a number one option on a team that had given up. 

Devin Booker had significantly better stats than Donovan Mitchell and Jimmy Butler, is Booker the best player out of the 3? Some advanced stats say no. Some say yes. Same deal with Gordon vs randle. Those same advanced stats say vucevic is equal to or better than embiid. 

Gross numbers say vucevic is on a completely different tier than Marc Gasol. That he's significantly better than Gasol. Gasol destroyed him in the playoffs. Who is better?

Some stats are incredibly overrated

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Some stats are incredibly overrated

It's not that stats are overrated, it's just that they assume that basketball games are identical environments when they're not. Stats are good as supplementary tools, not truths. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I would also add the defense is Night and day. Gordon is a much better defender. I agree with your thoughts.

Isnt it nice to say gordon is on a playoff team and randle wasnt. I am smiling as i type. lol

Final 2 cents. 

Gordon played meanful mins and randle was padding his states on a bad team. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a good thread of Bamba analysis

I'm not sure if it's because I haven't seen a basketball play in a month or if it's the highlights but all of these things are the reason I've been behind Bamba while some others around here don't see him as a viable starter within the next year. All of this makes me hate the Vuch signing even more. The best version of Bamba is clearly better than the best version of Vuch. 

6 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The best version of Bamba is clearly better than the best version of Vuch. 

I don't think anyone is denying this, but it might be a few years until we get that best version of Bamba.

• Upvote 1

I just hope we give Bamba every opportunity to become that best version of himself and not stunt his growth playing 16 mins a game behind Vuc.

• Upvote 1