Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Vucevic is exactly in this range, and they need bigs. Perfect situation! :P :P :P

(wishful thinking)

Vuc can't be traded for a while now. I think it's end of December off the top of my head but I'm sure other guys will have a more accurate date.

Stop hating on Vuc ya’ll. We have something going and we wanna run it back coz we are family.

imma coming out this season. And my boy  M and I are working out together. His shot is back. 

1 hour ago, Gordon4thewin said:

Stop hating on Vuc ya’ll. We have something going and we wanna run it back coz we are family.

imma coming out this season. And my boy  M and I are working out together. His shot is back. 

I believe it's " hatin' "

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Vuc can't be traded for a while now. I think it's end of December off the top of my head but I'm sure other guys will have a more accurate date.

I know I know, man, it's 15 december if that hasn't changed recently, my post was quite ironic. Also, if we're (a bit more) serious, we should hope that Vuc mantain a good level until he's elegible for a trade. If he falls back to some lackluster phases he has in no-contract years, his salary could easily become a nightmare.

In the real world, I doubt that they've resigned him just to make a trade later, in a Tobias Harris style a few years ago. Clifford clearly like to go play big, management was serious about getting back the same core... I hope they're seeing it right, especially long term, but at the moment I'm still full of doubts about our offseason and direction.

BTW, that's no hating on Vucevic, I don't dislike him at all, I'm just convinced he's not a good piece to have in a contending team, and we should know him quite well in his 7 year career there, enough to not be fooled by a borderline all-star season.

Who says Vooch has to be a star? If he remains a borderline Allstar, but is a good facilitator and maintains a double double; plays reasonable D, what’s wrong with that? I know 25mil is a lot, but it’s not max. He is a great teammate and mentor. We have an exciting young core that has perhaps a couple ascending stars or close to it in JI, AG and maybe Fultz. If that happens, we are good and then if Bamba shows in a few years; all the better as Vooch is on a deescalating contract. 

• Downvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:44 PM, Franchise408 said:

Whoa, I'm late to the party, but you do know that size isnt dependent upon your NBA status, right?

The statements about Okeke's size are facts. He is of similar size to Draymond and Thompson.

Nothing is being said to compare his playing ability to theirs, but size isnt dependent upon playing ability and accomplishments. 

Some players play bigger than their size like Draymond and Thompson, so until Okekes shows he can play pf at 6'7" verse men. I am going to list him as a SF. 

Muggsy Bogues played great for his size, but it does not mean that other 5'3" 134lbs players will play at the same level or bigger than their size suggest - until they prove it. All I am saying is, he needs to prove what position he can be successful at or what position he can defend at before we say he is a NBA PF at 6'7".  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Who says Vooch has to be a star? If he remains a borderline Allstar, but is a good facilitator and maintains a double double; plays reasonable D, what’s wrong with that? I know 25mil is a lot, but it’s not max. He is a great teammate and mentor. We have an exciting young core that has perhaps a couple ascending stars or close to it in JI, AG and maybe Fultz. If that happens, we are good and then if Bamba shows in a few years; all the better as Vooch is on a deescalating contract. 

I would not say they are close to stars. I like their talent but they have work to do. AG is the closest of the 3 listed. Fultz has the most upside on the team, because of position and fit. If he works out, the sky is the limit.

Fultz is not close because he has barely done anything yet and has only played in like 33 out of 164 games (a horrid 20% availability) and was even missing in summer league. 

Gordon is an inconstant scorer. He needs at list 18 plus points a game. 

JI is the best defender we have on the team, but he barely does anything on offense. There was many many times on the court were he had like a 5 inch advantage on his opponent and he did nothing vs the smaller players. I need a lot more from him on offense - a lot lot more from him. 

19 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Some players play bigger than their size like Draymond and Thompson, so until Okekes shows he can play pf at 6'7" verse men. I am going to list him as a SF. 

Muggsy Bogues played great for his size, but it does not mean that other 5'3" 134lbs players will play at the same level or bigger than their size suggest - until they prove it. All I am saying is, he needs to prove what position he can be successful at or what position he can defend at before we say he is a NBA PF at 6'7".  

He's 6'8 with a 7'0 wingspan. He's not undersized. That's typical for power forwards. 

He's probably got a longer reach than Gordon.