Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, LaVar said:

please stop comparing okeke to an elite player like Green. Green is like barkley, plays bigger than his size. Not everyone can be Green. Let Okeke lace the shoes up 1st. Thompson is listed as 6"9 on most site and 6"10 on others. He is still bigger than okeke. We will see in 2020-2021. 

You don't know what you're talking about. 

You're saying he's undersized. Most 4s in the league are of comparable sizes to Okeke. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You don't know what you're talking about. 

You're saying he's undersized. Most 4s in the league are of comparable sizes to Okeke. 

I dont believe the average pf is 6"7'. Even our forwards are 6"9' plus. Isaac is probably 7 foot now. 

I dont believe okeke was measure in the combines because of his injury, but the last time he was measured: 

Draftexpress

Standing 6'7 in shoes with a 7'0 wingspan and a big 233-pound frame, Chuma Okeke isn't overly tall or long for a power forward 

5 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I dont believe the average pf is 6"7'. Even our forwards are 6"9' plus. Isaac is probably 7 foot now. 

I dont believe okeke was measure in the combines because of his injury, but the last time he was measured: 

Draftexpress

Standing 6'7 in shoes with a 7'0 wingspan and a big 233-pound frame, Chuma Okeke isn't overly tall or long for a power forward 

Look at the date of that article...

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Look at the date of that article...

I said he was not recently measured because of the injury. We will see. I want to see him stand next to Evan or guard a nba post player, before I compare him to green or even Thompson. 

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I said he was not recently measured because of the injury. We will see. I want to see him stand next to Evan or guard a nba post player, before I compare him to green or even Thompson. 

How about Thad Young?

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How about Thad Young?

he is not the norm and also plays big for his size. Proven vet. Anthony mason, larry johnson, and barkley are not the norm and proved they can play good against bigger players. I believe kawhi was a pf in college. I dont believe he wants to play there now. I dont think evan fournier want to play pf either. They are also okeke's size. Let see him play against men and practice against men before we make him good at anything or compare him to people that have a history of playing in a position or defending a position. He may end up good but he will need to prove it first. 

For me, he is a small forward until his nuts drop on the court.  (grown men)

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

he is not the norm and also plays big for his size. Proven vet. Anthony mason, larry johnson, and barkley are not the norm and proved they can play good against bigger players. I believe kawhi was a pf in college. I dont believe he wants to play there now. I dont think evan fournier want to play pf either. They are also okeke's size. Let see him play against men and practice against men before we make him good at anything or compare him to people that have a history of playing in a position or defending a position. He may end up good but he will need to prove it first. 

For me, he is a small forward until his nuts drop on the court.  (grown men)

Ok then

Miles Bridges

Semi ojeleye

Rhondae Hollis Jefferson

TJ Warren

Jerami Grant

Tobias Harris

Aminu

Dante Cunningham

Demarre Carroll

James Johnson

Mbah a moute

Rudy Gay

Millsap

Josh Smith

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

please stop comparing okeke to an elite player like Green. Green is like barkley, plays bigger than his size. Not everyone can be Green. Let Okeke lace the shoes up 1st. Thompson is listed as 6"9 on most site and 6"10 on others. He is still bigger than okeke. We will see in 2020-2021. 

Green and Thompson are also NBA 5's, and developed bodies. 

We are talking about Okeke playing the 4 with a similar size.

Okeke will get stronger, that's not a 'let's hope and wait and see', every player drafted gets stronger as they get older and train with NBA trainers.

Also it doesn't really make sense to compare Fournier with Okeke when Okeke has a wingspan 5 inches longer and is 30 pounds heavier. 

That's like comparing Rodney Hood with Khem Birch

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok then

Miles Bridges

Semi ojeleye

Rhondae Hollis Jefferson

TJ Warren

Jerami Grant

Tobias Harris

Aminu

Dante Cunningham

Demarre Carroll

James Johnson

Mbah a moute

Rudy Gay

Millsap

Josh Smith

and Barely any of them are good that you listed or known for defense. Half of them are sf playing small ball line ups. 

Josh smith 6"9 and Harris are 6"9. They are bigger than okeke. (If he was 6"9 it would not be as big of an issue.)

I seems like you just thought of a bunch of weak forwards and listed them. 

were is griffin, antetokounmpo, retired Dirk, ben simmons, anthony davis, aldridge, al hortford,  Markkanen, and the real forwards at in your list. The good pf are not normally 6'7. Okeke will need to prove he will not give up 100 points and rebounds at big forward. It is not hard to understand. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also it doesn't really make sense to compare Fournier with Okeke when Okeke has a wingspan 5 inches longer and is 30 pounds heavier. 

That's like comparing Rodney Hood with Khem Birch

but you just listed:

Dante Cunningham

Demarre Carroll

Same difference.