Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, LaVar said:
Roy Parry: According to league sources, Amile Jefferson’s reported deal with the Magic will be a two-way contract. That will close out the team’s two-way contract slots; the Magic reportedly reached a two-way deal agreement with guard Josh Magette earlier this week.

Thanks!  Listening to how Amile doesn't fit what we are trying to do, I was hoping we could use that spot to develop someone who might.

Does this mean we currently only have 14 under contract? Hypothetically speaking we could sign Jefferies to the Roster?

11 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Thanks!  Listening to how Amile doesn't fit what we are trying to do, I was hoping we could use that spot to develop someone who might.

Does this mean we currently only have 14 under contract? Hypothetically speaking we could sign Jefferies to the Roster?

I believe it is 14 because 2 way does not count. 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

I think okeke will be a sf. dont think he has the size for pf. 

He has the exact same measurements as Tristan Thompson and is taller than Draymond. He can play pf without question. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He has the exact same measurements as Tristan Thompson and is taller than Draymond. He can play pf without question. 

I would wait until he plays a real nba game before comparing him to an allstar/def player of the year Green. Plus, Tristan Thompson, a proven big that won a championship, is 2-3 inches taller and is heavier than okeke. 

1 minute ago, LaVar said:

I would wait until he plays a real nba game before comparing him to an allstar/def player of the year Green. Plus, Tristan Thompson, a proven big that won a championship, is 2-3 inches taller and is heavier than okeke. 

At the combine, Tristan Thompson measured 6'8.75 in shoes, weighed 227 pounds with a 7'1 wingspan. 

Draymond measured 6'7.5 in shoes, weighed 235 pounds with a 7'1 wingspan. 

Okeke is listed at 6'8 230 with a 7'0 wingspan. 

That's enough size to play 4. It's never even been a question. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

At the combine, Tristan Thompson measured 6'8.75 in shoes, weighed 227 pounds with a 7'1 wingspan. 

Draymond measured 6'7.5 in shoes, weighed 235 pounds with a 7'1 wingspan. 

Okeke is listed at 6'8 230 with a 7'0 wingspan. 

That's enough size to play 4. It's never even been a question. 

please stop comparing okeke to an elite player like Green. Green is like barkley, plays bigger than his size. Not everyone can be Green. Let Okeke lace the shoes up 1st. Thompson is listed as 6"9 on most site and 6"10 on others. He is still bigger than okeke. We will see in 2020-2021. 

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

There is no difference between 3 and 4 in our system anyway

Tell that to Pascal siakam, when he got the smaller magic players on him. You can put people were ever you want. it does not mean they will not get man handled. 

1 minute ago, LaVar said:

Tell that to Pascal siakam, when he got the smaller magic players on him. You can put people were ever you want. it does not mean they will not get man handled. 

Which is why we signed Aminu and drafted Okeke

4 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Which is why we signed Aminu and drafted Okeke

We picked Okeke because he was the best player on the board. Not because he is a good match up vs low post bigs.

Aminu is a different story and a different topic. Proven vet vs nba players. 

• Upvote 1