Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I meant if he came over initially. Not now. He's old

Yea for sure, that’s what I meant also sorry about not being clear. Now days I don’t believe  he’d make an NBA roster. 

27 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Why don’t they just renounce the rights to him. 

It's still technically useful in trade packages as there's rules where you have to send stuff to every team in certain multi-team trades. It's how we ended up with Janis Timma. 

Not seing him being like Favors at all. He's not played in a winning team since 2011/12, almost a decade ago, and still he wasn't able to play big minutes and having more than 10 points of average, Never developed a 3 point shot. He's always been basically a role player in a less talented league, he would have been a non-factor in Orlando, we could just be happy that he didn't came over so we haven't wasted money in the cap limits.

BTW, Spanish cup is an important title played in mid season. You take the best 8 teams after the first half of regular season, put them in a single court (that changes every year) from thursday to sunday, and play them in a single match, from quarter-finals to final. Something like NCAA F4.

35 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Not seing him being like Favors at all. He's not played in a winning team since 2011/12, almost a decade ago, and still he wasn't able to play big minutes and having more than 10 points of average, Never developed a 3 point shot. He's always been basically a role player in a less talented league, he would have been a non-factor in Orlando, we could just be happy that he didn't came over so we haven't wasted money in the cap limits.

BTW, Spanish cup is an important title played in mid season. You take the best 8 teams after the first half of regular season, put them in a single court (that changes every year) from thursday to sunday, and play them in a single match, from quarter-finals to final. Something like NCAA F4.

He totally would have been a factor in Orlando from 05-13.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:57 AM, ?4thewin said:

I watch this like once a month

You like toturing yourself. I was very excited while watching but then it came the last minute. 

Extremely dissapointed and anticlimatic ending.  Felt like coming out from one of the Avengers movies. 

Oh those poor LA Lakers.  Reports coming out they felt "played  and used" by Kawhi Leonard.  Wah...Wah...Wah...  What a classless and arrogant bunch of clowns.  After years of tampering (starting with Shaq) and then a couple years of tanking and all the NBA favored treatment maybe it is justice in action.  Not exactly paradise in LaLa land.  Treatment of Magic (loyal to the core) was not exactly a "prized" moment.  Firing of Walton mishandled badly but at least we got the gift of them hiring Vogel (?).  Vegas should have odds on how long he stays.  Irving must not have been real excited to reunite with "his highness" (who has not shown much loyalty to teammates in the past) nor KD nor Leonard nor Walker nor DLo.  Wonder how long AD will be happy.  Just added fuel  to root for anybody playing the  "CC" (Crying and Cheating) Lakers.

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

You like toturing yourself. I was very excited while watching but then it came the last minute. 

Extremely dissapointed and anticlimatic ending.  Felt like coming out from one of the Avengers movies. 

I hope he coming in and destroys the league next year. I am really rooting for him to turn things around. We need him, if we want the magic to take the next step. Our length and shot blocking will be crazy if he is able to stay on the court. Play-making is our biggest weakness.

Starters

Fultz

Fournier

gordon

isaac

Vucevic

Bench 

Augustin

Ross

Iwundu

Al-Farouq

Mo Bamba

My biggest concern with fultz is: the doctors said he should be healthy in around 6 weeks. That was in December of 2018. It has been more than 28 weeks. Their really should be no question about him being ready for preseason. I will be extremely alarmed, if he is not in camp. My eyebrow raised when he was not in summer league or at least working with the summer league player in practice. 

4 minutes ago, LaVar said:

My biggest concern with fultz is: the doctors said he should be healthy in around 6 weeks. That was in December of 2018. It has been more than 28 weeks. Their really should be no question about him being ready for preseason. I will be extremely alarmed, if he is not in camp. My eyebrow raised when he was not in summer league or at least working with the summer league player in practice. 

When did doctors say he'd be healthy in 6 weeks?

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

When did doctors say he'd be healthy in 6 weeks?

it was when he was in philly. It was said the recovery time was 4-6 weeks.