Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Just what we needed a slow footed unathletic guy who can’t shoot. I’d rather have Andrew Nicholson. 

Nicholson isn't eligible to be a two way player

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Have we signed Okeke yet, and if we haven't, what would be the reason for that? 

Nope, only reason I can see is to stash him for a year to help stay under the cap

16 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Have we signed Okeke yet, and if we haven't, what would be the reason for that? 

First, I asked Robbins about this the other day and he said:

I wouldn't give that a second thought. Salaries and contract terms for first-round picks in the NBA essentially are determined by the numbers set forth in the collective bargaining agreement and league revenues. So any seeming delay has nothing to do with stalled negotiations since there really is nothing to negotiate. 

Chuma Okeke was with the team throughout the NBA Summer League, watching practices and sitting on the bench during games. (In fact, I'm going to write something within the next 48 hours about how the team is approaching his development during his rehabilitation from April knee surgery.)

The reasons he might but be signed yet:

1. Random delay that doesn't really mean anything. 

2. We're trying to get Okeke to take sightly less money so that we can sign another player and remain under the luxury tax

3. We're currently in trade negotiations with another team and want to trade okeke's rights but not his money so he must remain unsigned

4. We want to stash him somewhere for a year so his money isn't on our books so we can sign two more players

5. In an abundance of caution we're waiting on the league to confirm how much money we have available and they're backed up with all of the deals going on

6. We can't sign him because Fran Vasquez hasn't signed the document confirming he's not signing here this year 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

First, I asked Robbins about this the other day and he said:

I wouldn't give that a second thought. Salaries and contract terms for first-round picks in the NBA essentially are determined by the numbers set forth in the collective bargaining agreement and league revenues. So any seeming delay has nothing to do with stalled negotiations since there really is nothing to negotiate. 

Chuma Okeke was with the team throughout the NBA Summer League, watching practices and sitting on the bench during games. (In fact, I'm going to write something within the next 48 hours about how the team is approaching his development during his rehabilitation from April knee surgery.)

The reasons he might but be signed yet:

1. Random delay that doesn't really mean anything. 

2. We're trying to get Okeke to take sightly less money so that we can sign another player and remain under the luxury tax

3. We're currently in trade negotiations with another team and want to trade okeke's rights but not his money so he must remain unsigned

4. We want to stash him somewhere for a year so his money isn't on our books so we can sign two more players

5. In an abundance of caution we're waiting on the league to confirm how much money we have available and they're backed up with all of the deals going on

6. We can't sign him because Fran Vasquez hasn't signed the document confirming he's not signing here this year 

How many more years does Fran have to do that?  Will he still be tying up space on the team when he's 45?

Related questions: What kind of career has he had playing in Europe?  Did he make the correct decision not to come here and play in the NBA?

38 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

How many more years does Fran have to do that?  Will he still be tying up space on the team when he's 45?

Related questions: What kind of career has he had playing in Europe?  Did he make the correct decision not to come here and play in the NBA?

We have to do it until he's no longer a basketball player. 

He's basically been the Spanish league Tim Duncan from what I've seen. Mauro might have a better idea. All time Spanish and Euro league leader in blocks. Won a bunch of championships and cups. Was MVP of a Spanish cup (I don't know what that is). Wasn't a frequent member of the Spanish national team. I think if he came over he would have been something like Derrick Favors. 

He's basically been the Spanish league Tim Duncan from what I've seen. Mauro might have a better idea. All time Spanish and Euro league leader in blocks. Won a bunch of championships and cups. Was MVP of a Spanish cup (I don't know what that is). Wasn't a frequent member of the Spanish national team. I think if he came over he would have been something like Derrick Favors. 

Im sure he is NOT DFavs. 2008/09 your best year. Never play more than 20 mins

Derrick Favors a few years ago is a very good player, now days there’s still a use but not as major. 

21 minutes ago, King Close said:

Derrick Favors a few years ago is a very good player, now days there’s still a use but not as major. 

I meant if he came over initially. Not now. He's old