Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

17 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Idiot savant Will Cain just recommended us trade for Chris Paul.

Everyone who suggests that has no grasp of NBA finances. 

They are probably looking for someone to bail out OKC. He’s not worth the money at his age and injury history.

I am figuring our front office signed a 29 yo Josh Magette to mentor Jeffries and give our G league a boost. He looks like a very good distributor and may help the growth of other players; a strategic signing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Everyone who suggests that has no grasp of NBA finances. 

Says it’ll make us “relevant” and how one 8th seed shouldn’t make us think we are above a move like that. 

17 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Says it’ll make us “relevant” and how one 8th seed shouldn’t make us think we are above a move like that. 

He doesn't understand team development or NBA lifecycles

26 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

He doesn't understand team development or NBA lifecycles

Yeah. On Bill Simmons' recent podcast he's spends like 10 minutes explaining why it'd be unprecedented for Paul to be good at 35 because it never happens for short pgs like him. And then he immediately says it's crazy how Minnesota won't trade for him. 

Dude you just explained why. He could break down completely in half of a season and then you're stuck with a decent backup pg making 40 million per year wasting the first couple years of Paul's prime. 

I wonder how the personalities would have meshed if we had gotten Paul during our contending years.  I am not optimistic that Dwight of all people would have responded well to Paul's grating style.

14 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I wonder how the personalities would have meshed if we had gotten Paul during our contending years.  I am not optimistic that Dwight of all people would have responded well to Paul's grating style.

Maybe it would have saved him