Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, hootie249 said:

I can possibly see us looking to the Bulls and Dunn if Satoransky and White steal all his minutes by December. 

Dunn isn't any good though. 

No Magic dream tonight but I did have a “nightmare” about hiding from the Predator. I say it with quotes because while it made me anxious in a vacuum it was badass. Second most badass this week. Looking at your 2020 nba champion Magic with implausible backcourt. 

I once had a dream that Rafer Alston was coming to the Orlando Magic. Craziest thing, the dream was 6 months before the reality of the transaction. That was the only time I ever had a "Crystal ball" dream like that.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, Catalina Maria said:

Fultz has acknowledged Caron’s testament that the SL job is for Fultz to lose on his Instagram story.

They won’t even show a clip of him shooting the ball. 

Not buying anything coming from Butler and his agent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

The Pelicans are my new team to watch when i'm not watching the Magic. 

They are gonna be fun to watch next year and probably a real contender soon. The east still feels light years behind the west.

Can't wait till training camp.

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Aka Clueless

No. It's just a projection model based on previous year stats. 

Two years ago we had a pretty solid team and everyone got hurt. Last year they looked at the numbers from the previous year and Ross looked like he was declining, Isaac projected to be bad based on his gross numbers when he was healthy, Grant was replacing Payton, and it was projecting probably closer to 80 missed games from our top 6 guys vs the 18 they actually missed. 

And after the first 51 games we were on pace for 32 wins. It had the team pegged exactly. Then we shuffled things around and went on a crazy run. But that model can't project the mid season changes we made. 

Now that we've returned 86% of the teams minutes and 95% of the teams post all star minutes  we're much easier to project. Normal expected improvements from the young players, normal injury patterns, normal declines from the older players. 42-40 and the 5th seed is pretty much what we should expect as the average outcome next year with every team staying reasonably healthy and nobody tanking.