Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

STUFF TO TALK ABOUT

Okeke is the only first rounder not signed. Hmmm...

This would have to be Fournier, dj, and Okeke but that leaves us at $453,547 below the luxury tax with a minimum 2 players needed to fill the roster and 3 empty spots. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This would have to be Fournier, dj, and Okeke but that leaves us at $453,547 below the luxury tax with a minimum 2 players needed to fill the roster and 3 empty spots. 

His game is a bit antiquated. He’s a playmaker though. 

4 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

His game is a bit antiquated. He’s a playmaker though. 

It makes sense from a value standpoint but not a fit standpoint unless

1.we have some sort of way to see into the future and Fultz not only plays a full season but also has his shot back. 

2. We're willing to go into the luxury tax. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It makes sense from a value standpoint but not a fit standpoint unless

1.we have some sort of way to see into the future and Fultz not only plays a full season but also has his shot back. 

2. We're willing to go into the luxury tax. 

He’s expiring though yeah? So that’d get us out of the Evan fifth year option. But we know that DJ and Evan can shoot. Like you were saying they’d better hope Fultz has his long range shot back. 

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Alas, 4thewin is right, It has to be Fournier and either DJ or Bamba to make the salaries fit. I like Derozan and he fits our timeline. I just hope if we are trading Fournier and Dj we are getting White back. Dj and Fournier are 2 of our main ball handlers and Fultz has almost zero NBA experience. He could be the second coming of Chris Paul and he is still going to be raw this year.

1 minute ago, IrishCelticHater said:

He’s expiring though yeah? So that’d get us out of the Evan fifth year option. But we know that DJ and Evan can shoot. Like you were saying they’d better hope Fultz has his long range shot back. 

Both Evan and DeMar are on 1+1 player option contracts. 

DeRozan may or may not take his. I can see him keeping that 27 million. I can see him wanting to cash in one last time and taking something like 3/45 instead of 1/27 and entering free agency at 32

Just now, hootie249 said:

While postion-less basketball is in vogue someone has to bring the ball up the court. 

Sure but it's not like we're have to choose between DJ or nobody. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why?

I think with last season he’s built up a lot of goodwill with fans. Let him get torched by a bigger guard a couple of time and I  think a lot of the goodwill dissipates. Lol 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Both Evan and DeMar are on 1+1 player option contracts. 

DeRozan may or may not take his. I can see him keeping that 27 million. I can see him wanting to cash in one last time and taking something like 3/45 instead of 1/27 and entering free agency at 32

Nobody can predict the future, but if Evan has a great year he is almost sure to opt out because he is so young. DeRozan is a coin flip i would guess.