Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

NAW is looking amazing right now, I wonder how well its gonna translate. I wonder if WeHam gonna regret that decision 

Yeah it’s depressing. But but we needed another power forward. Smh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Bit of a weird angle, and not that I think it's true, but do you think there is any chance the FO actually viewed Okeke's injury as a positive? It seems we are trying to build on last season and come back hard with the same group and not having to blood another rookie would be good for our overall record (as pointed out a while back, rookies very rarely contribute to wins).

I hope it wasn't a reason we actually passed on NAW after every mock had us taking him. I think we got a really good player in Okeke so I'm not too fussed but it was just something I was thinking this morning.

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

This is something..

It’s kind of crazy all the hype Butler is sharing right now. If Fultz ends up a stud or even a decent starter, Orlando will quickly become a major storyline.

• Like 1

Man...if Fultz hype is real.....what do you project our record to be? Does he start? 

I believe Caron in that Fultz is healthy but I doubt he starts for us right away. The big thing is our bench becomes instantly better. With an improved bench and already set rotation, that should help us off to a good start that we can sustain. I think we  get +.500 again and 5/6 seed. If we can avoid our usual terrible January, we'll be in good shape. 

If Fultz is fit and able to play fully healthy people forget he was UNANIMOUSLY number 1. We have struck the luck we need. Let's see what happens. But this sounds positive for sure 

Here's the problem with the Fultz hype. Even if he's great now, he could relapse. The concern was never about what he looks like after a period of rest, it's what he'll look like after a period of heavy work. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's the problem with the Fultz hype. Even if he's great now, he could relapse. The concern was never about what he looks like after a period of rest, it's what he'll look like after a period of heavy work. 

Sad but true

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

Bit of a weird angle, and not that I think it's true, but do you think there is any chance the FO actually viewed Okeke's injury as a positive? It seems we are trying to build on last season and come back hard with the same group and not having to blood another rookie would be good for our overall record (as pointed out a while back, rookies very rarely contribute to wins).

I hope it wasn't a reason we actually passed on NAW after every mock had us taking him. I think we got a really good player in Okeke so I'm not too fussed but it was just something I was thinking this morning.

I mean it’s not like whenever we drafted at 16 was gonna come in right away, start and play of ton of minutes. So I don’t think him being injured was really an issue to them (though I probably wouldn’t say it was a positive). 

Okeke has pressure because NAW, as most on here thought, looks legit. Yes, it’s just summer league—but what are you gonna say when it’s the regular season? There’s a reason a lot of people on here wanted him. Idk why it would be a shock or surprise that he succeeds in the NBA. 

If we had someone in SL right now averaging 28 a game and draining every shot from deep we’d be beyond hyped about it even if it was just SL. 

13 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

OUCH!! Haha! So according to this study, the Piston center(Drummond),Grizzlies center(Gasol), Knicks SG(Hardaway)and Blazers SF(Harkless) are the ones at the top with the facial Beauty in this South China Lab study. Yet you have Vooch, Fournier, AG, Durant, Blake, Embiid, Nurcik, Valanciunas, Ingles, Mitchell and Rubio at the bottom. Weird stuff.

Not to worry.  Who cares what the players look like?  It’s the fans that matter, and judging by those of us in this forum, we have the best looking fans by far!

• Upvote 1