Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Were still in competitive development mode. We shouldn't be contending until at least 3 years from now so I'm not worried about the Vuc contract.

If we're far away from contending, why block the young core path to develop?

Also, you need cap space for accumulate some assets BEFORE you're a contender, so you'll be able to pull the trigger when the right time comes.

41 minutes ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

20190713_155604.jpg

I love these, especially because I’m from the orange grove region of Central Florida.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

If we're far away from contending, why block the young core path to develop?

Also, you need cap space for accumulate some assets BEFORE you're a contender, so you'll be able to pull the trigger when the right time comes.

Management must think we are closer than we realize.

7 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

why? I mean, this year we can surely say that we DONT know who will be the champion. For the past 5 years, the NBA had only 1 or 2 teams  that were on top. We knew who will end up in the championship game or at least we had an idea.  The GSW and whatever Lebron team was on the East.

Now... We cant really say. Lakers, Clippers, Houston, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston,  Golden State  and Miami(if Paul goes there)have all great changes. I even like what Nola and OKC has done this year.  It is going to be very competitive. The East is better. Is better in the sense that the Top 8 teams(this year) can compete. I like how Milwaukee, Indiana, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Orlando, Detroit, Brooklyn  put themselves in a better position. And I am not mentioning the Defending champions, Toronto.  I expect a lot of more trades happening midseason. More teams are on the win now mode. 

For once, I can say, I am very excited. Excited  that the LA Lakers didnt get what eveyone was expecting. Love the competitiveness and the fact that there are NO team with 3 stars in their roster, like last year. Lots of team with 2 max guys. Looking forward to this season. 

Why? Because it is fleeting. The only reason we "dont know who will win" is because half of Golden State's roster is injured. All the big time free agents concentrated in a couple markets. They are the same markets players have been wanting to go for the last decade or so. New York, LA, SF, Miami, and Boston are about the only markets that have a shot, and the list that I quoted and responded to shows that franchises are completely incapable of keeping their talent, because the talent wants out of their drafted markets ASAP to go play in these more appealing markets.

This year will he an outlier.

It feels to me like we made the right moves this summer for a few reasons: 

1. I still think Bamba is very, very raw; it takes a while for big men and point guards to acclimate to the NBA. Vooch’s contract is deescalating if we need to move him, it will not be easy but easier. We carry our momentum forward this year while 27 players switched teams and may not mesh just because it looks good on paper: see Houston and OC, we have an advantage.

2.  Aminu is cheap by today’s standard and is a place holder for KeKe with moveable contract as mentioned by previous poster. He’s an upgrade from last year.

3. I think Fultz will show well, just a feeling. 

4. MCW will again outplay his contract. 

5. We will have better depth this year and familiarity with the system.

6. Our boys are hungry and it sounds like they are all in......

Areas of concern: shot creation, back court production and perimeter defense of guards of starting unit, shooting. Will Burch be discontented with lack of playing time? 

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

It feels to me like we made the right moves this summer for a few reasons. . . .:

Areas of concern: shot creation, back court production and perimeter defense of guards of starting unit, shooting. Will Burch be discontented with lack of playing time? 

Who played more backup minutes last season, Birch or Bamba?

I know you're going to say Bamba did not because of Injuries.

Here is the thing, the times that Bamba played, I wasn't feeling him. Most of the time, he looked confused (to me). 

He grabbed a few rebounds but his body language was that of a basketball player that needs more time to develop and make adjustments to playing basketball on a professional level.

Now, he may have worked on it during the off season. However, time will tell. Working on your game by yourself is not the same as practicing with a team.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Who played more backup minutes last season, Birch or Bamba?

I know you're going to say Bamba did not because of Injuries.

Here is the thing, the times that Bamba played, I wasn't feeling him. Most of the time, he looked confused (to me). 

He grabbed a few rebounds but his body language was that of a basketball player that needs more time to develop and make adjustments to playing basketball on a professional level.

Now, he may have worked on it during the off season. However, time will tell. Working on your game by yourself is not the same as practicing with a team.

It doesn't matter.  They were going to play Bamba last year, regardless of whether they'd win more games with Birch, until Bamba got injured.

Same dynamic this year.  Birch will not see the court at all, except for garbage time, if there isn't an injury to Vuch or Bamba (or some other dramatic event, such as someone getting suspended or something).

Your right, they’ve invested #6 pick in Bamba and they have to see what they have. I will be honest, I have my concerns but will remain optimistic. We know what Burch is: energy and good D, but he’s 27 and is better overall then Bamba at this current time unless Bamba has made huge gains this summer.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

It doesn't matter.  They were going to play Bamba last year, regardless of whether they'd win more games with Birch, until Bamba got injured.

Same dynamic this year.  Birch will not see the court at all, except for garbage time, if there isn't an injury to Vuch or Bamba (or some other dramatic event, such as someone getting suspended or something).

You make a great point here, this why I think signing Birch was so important to the FO, because not if, but when Vuc goes down, who do you start, Bamba or Birch? 

I say Birch, because Bamba is still Fragile, I like the kids upside, but we lose because Mo needs another season or 2 to fully develop!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Guys....I want Bradley Beal.

I'll give Washington 3 unprotected picks and 2 pick swaps to make it happen. Am I crazy?

This season:

MCW/Fultz/???(Briscoe?)

Beal/Ross/Jeffries?

Gordon/Iwundu/Frazier

Isaac/Aminu/Okeke

Vucevic/Birch/???(Noah?)

Nyce1.......Dude this is krazy! I still think highly of you but......yes, this is krazy! lol