Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

This off season is a testament to Dwight Howard, the bad teammate, coach killer, disgruntled former star.
He has so many former teams that could have used a back-up center on minimum. 

Orlando has the deepest team it has had in years and could have used a mentor or depth. Stretches Mozgod to sign Birch. This one is the least likely, they have youth and an all-star at center.
The Lakers need veterans who have already made money and need a ring. They sign Mcgee and Cousins. Definitely more upside there, didn't help himself with his tenure at both clubs. And lastly, the Rockets make a huge trade, they are going for it in the western conference.The Rockets have almost no depth at center, this is a team really going for it.The Rockets sign Tyson Chandler. 

Clearly Dwightmare Howard has burned more bridges then anyone in NBA history.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

This off season is a testament to Dwight Howard, the bad teammate, coach killer, disgruntled former star.
He has so many former teams that could have used a back-up center on minimum. 

Orlando has the deepest team it has had in years and could have used a mentor or depth. Stretches Mozgod to sign Birch. This one is the least likely, they have youth and an all-star at center.
The Lakers need veterans who have already made money and need a ring. They sign Mcgee and Cousins. Definitely more upside there, didn't help himself with his tenure at both clubs. And lastly, the Rockets make a huge trade, they are going for it in the western conference.The Rockets have almost no depth at center, this is a team really going for it.The Rockets sign Tyson Chandler. 

Clearly Dwightmare Howard has burned more bridges then anyone in NBA history.

He was pretty good too the year before last (as far as his stats). 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I hope that is his TOS repaired shoulder that he has risen.  lol.  My contention is that he will play with a major chip on his shoulder, will want to prove his naysayers wrong..  If he is healthy we beat Philly in regular season matchups 3-1 or 4-0 and he has huge games.

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I hope that is his TOS repaired shoulder that he has risen.  lol.  My contention is that he will play with a major chip on his shoulder, will want to prove his naysayers wrong..  If he is healthy we beat Philly in regular season matchups 3-1 or 4-0 and he has huge games.

Yes it is the correct arm being lifted. Interesting. 

7 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

I hate what this league has become

why? I mean, this year we can surely say that we DONT know who will be the champion. For the past 5 years, the NBA had only 1 or 2 teams  that were on top. We knew who will end up in the championship game or at least we had an idea.  The GSW and whatever Lebron team was on the East.

Now... We cant really say. Lakers, Clippers, Houston, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston,  Golden State  and Miami(if Paul goes there)have all great changes. I even like what Nola and OKC has done this year.  It is going to be very competitive. The East is better. Is better in the sense that the Top 8 teams(this year) can compete. I like how Milwaukee, Indiana, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Orlando, Detroit, Brooklyn  put themselves in a better position. And I am not mentioning the Defending champions, Toronto.  I expect a lot of more trades happening midseason. More teams are on the win now mode. 

For once, I can say, I am very excited. Excited  that the LA Lakers didnt get what eveyone was expecting. Love the competitiveness and the fact that there are NO team with 3 stars in their roster, like last year. Lots of team with 2 max guys. Looking forward to this season. 

How I look the magic this season. People are bothered and upset that we didn't land any superstar. Well, We have a great roster already. Vooch and Ross are in their prime and will contribute immediately. I am EXTREMELY excited with FULTZ. This guy will be a jewel. He is the Star that people wanted. There is not doubt that he will be at the level of Russell once he comes back to 100%. AND HE WILL. 

We also have the addition of BAMBA. It is his 2nd year and has already showed improvement physically and on his game. He will be a great addition to the rotation. He also has a chip on his shoulder. 

I am also looking forward to see what MCW will give us this year. Last year, he was a pleasant surprise. I am sure he will work and play hard in order for him to stay in the NBA. Great option to keep as a back up when Fultz comes back 100% . If so, DJ wil be available in a possible trade down the road.  

Amino is a very realiable guy who defends and play hard. He can also shoot. Great addition to fortify our rotation. Give us more opportunity to rest Isaac, Gordon and Bamba during the season.  

Isaac and Gordon will be better. This two are hardworker and are not afraid to battle. I just hope that their 3 point shot also improves.  

IF we stay healthy, I see our team ending in the top 4-5 in the east. But we can also be at the bottom  or out of the playoff run if we don't.