Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

With the arms race right now in the NBA, I feel better by the day about the direction of our team. I love the potential of our young (under 25) core: Fultz, Iwundu, Isaac, Gordon, Okeke and Bamba, and I'm okay with the vets we have at this moment. Our true competitive window probably opens two years from now but we should continue to grow and make strides in the meantime. Go Magic!

Depends on how you define "competitive". It's probably already open unless you want to define competitive as "reasonable chance to make the conference finals" which wouldn't be wrong. 

But with the death of the super team we should be competitive every night. There's no game we should walk in to expecting a loss assuming we're healthy. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Depends on how you define "competitive". It's probably already open unless you want to define competitive as "reasonable chance to make the conference finals" which wouldn't be wrong. 

But with the death of the super team we should be competitive every night. There's no game we should walk in to expecting a loss assuming we're healthy. 

Agree. I mean "contending" window (assuming one or two of our young guys blossoms) probably starts in two years. I think we can be "competitive" every night this year. 

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree. I mean "contending" window (assuming one or two of our young guys blossoms) probably starts in two years. I think we can be "competitive" every night. 

Oh. Yeah. Totally agree. 

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

MY Favorite Magic  Players That 'I' (ME) Look Forward To Watching Next Season:

DJ Augustine    *underrated*

Aaron Gordon

Jonathan Isaac

Terrence Ross

Wes Iwandu    *underrated*

Khem Birch

Michael Carter-Williams  *underrated*

Amile Jefferson

Reasons For My Choices:

1. They play hard

2. They are not selfish and play as a team.

3. They have shown flashes of playing modern-day NBA basketball. . .lots of ball movement, touching as many hands to find the open man.

4. Have shown that they can play uptempo.

5. Most are athletic. 

6. Leaving it all out there on the floor.

JUST FUN TO WATCH!!!

Not Included Because They Either Have Not Played On The Team Yet or Limited Playing Time:

Mo Bamba (Limited playing time)

Markelle Fultz (Has not played)

Chuma Okeke (Has not played)

Absolutely shocked this list did not include Vuc and Fournier.  lol.  Loved the last three in the "too early to tell" category.  But  I hope all three end up in that description list of "play hard".  Great part of this list is it is most of our team.  I am pretty sure Okeke will make this list.  I think Fultz, if healthy, will play with a chip on his shoulder (that is my best guess), and Bamba, saying the right things during summer league (along with a pretty impressive first game on offense (not defense)) and adding on 20 pounds of muscle is headed in the right direction.  Kind of intrigued to watch Bamba/Vuc version 2 that Clifford said we would try again this year.  And finally looking forward to see if, when Fournier dribbles around the perimeter, wasting 1/2 the shot clock, before dumping it to his buddy, Clifford sits Fournier's rear end on the bench?  I hope their is a short leash on that garbage this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Daryl Morey is such an overrated and bad GM... good job by the Thunder going full rebuild. Curious to see what they’ll do with CP3.

And they're not in bad shape year one where as alot of rebuild teams are. They have young athletic guys to cheer for in Bazley, Feruson, and Diallo with Alexander running the off guard spot with Chris Paul. They'll make some highlight reels for sure.

Anybody following Taco Fall during the SL? Man if he can put some weight on and keep up cardio... he’s running breaks and no one can touch the ball that high. Good pickup for the C’s

44 minutes ago, Sumike4ya said:

Anybody following Taco Fall during the SL? Man if he can put some weight on and keep up cardio... he’s running breaks and no one can touch the ball that high. Good pickup for the C’s

Yeah the Maine red claws will be must watch this year. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That's not very nice sir lol

Well I mean he's not an NBA player. He's averaging 9ppg in summer league. 

He's getting a lot of press because he's 7'6 but a lot of people confuse that buzz with him actually being good. 

2 hours ago, Sumike4ya said:

I will be following him when I get a chance, during the regular season, and the Magic or GS are not playing a game.

No, I'm not a Celtics bandwagoner. I am not a fan of the C's, but I will be rooting for Tacko. I want him to do well.

For me, it will be a feel-good story. . . people not giving him a chance to make it in the NBA.

He played for UCF last season___a cinderella story as the Knights made history playing in the 2019 NCAA basketball tournament.

Much like back in the day. I watched players like Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder), Julius Erving (Dr. J), Earl 'the pearl' Monroe if their games were being televised. I was not a fan of their teams, I just enjoyed watching those guys play.

Daryl Dawkins was the first NBA Player to bring down and smashing the backboard glass.

By the way, Tacko's full name is Elhadji Tacko Sereigne Diop Fall.

• Downvote 1