Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What a terrible trade for Houston. Morey is gonna end up getting fired for this

Well at least we know who’d trade for Vooch

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd rather have Westbrook than CP at that age, but yeah. Crazy stuff

Yeah. Sure. But next to harden? In that offense?

And they paid 2 picks with 2 swaps to end up in the exact same Chris Paul situation again but just delayed by a year

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. Sure. But next to harden? In that offense?

And they paid 2 picks with 2 swaps to end up in the exact same Chris Paul situation again but just delayed by a year

Both Harden and Westbrook need to change their games dramatically if they want to win anything. Maybe they figure it out together. Talent isn't a problem.

I'm just happy that the two of them together lowers their NBA Fantasy value. Good for me

MY Favorite Magic  Players That 'I' (ME) Look Forward To Watching Next Season:

DJ Augustine    *underrated*

Aaron Gordon

Jonathan Isaac

Terrence Ross

Wes Iwandu    *underrated*

Khem Birch

Michael Carter-Williams  *underrated*

Amile Jefferson

Reasons For My Choices:

1. They play hard

2. They are not selfish and play as a team.

3. They have shown flashes of playing modern-day NBA basketball. . .lots of ball movement, touching as many hands to find the open man.

4. Have shown that they can play uptempo.

5. Most are athletic. 

6. Leaving it all out there on the floor.

JUST FUN TO WATCH!!!

Not Included Because They Either Have Not Played On The Team Yet or Limited Playing Time:

Mo Bamba (Limited playing time)

Markelle Fultz (Has not played)

Chuma Okeke (Has not played)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Odin said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball

Interesting article that might explain the rise in injuries recently, especially of big injuries with rookies. This goes beyond the "young players are soft" thinking.

To sum up:

1. Over-specialization. Kids are getting too much wear and tear on their bodies at a young age by really only playing one sport (in this case basketball). This creates excessive wear on the body from doing similar movements over and over again.

2. Little down time. One of the examples used was how older players back in the 90s and before didn't do as much off season training as today. This helped protect their bodies from extra wear and tear as well. A lot of youth players and NBA players are going 8 months or more with lots of games.

3. Lack of focus on basics. Lots of young players focus on being able to pull off highlight type plays (think dunks), but not on everything else around it- for example, how to land.

4. Too much too soon. Many young players do too much before their bodies have fully developed and are ready to take on more strenuous activity.

Great points and all legitimate.

I would add another point.

5.  The money is so insane  in sports that it drives the first four points into reality.  Just think Fultz will make over $25 million (in three years) even if he does not pick up a basketball this year at all.  I hope that does not happen but money is driving so much of things that are not necessarily good for individuals or the sport.  But I do not see it changing unless fans get turned off (which would take a lot).  

OKC nailed this trade. So smart. They're gonna get really valuable picks when Houston falls off. 

They need to figure out what they can do with Paul but they have time. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

OKC nailed this trade. So smart. They're gonna get really valuable picks when Houston falls off. 

They need to figure out what they can do with Paul but they have time. 

Maybe we'll finally see CP3 and Dwight playing together