Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yep. And that's ultimately why I took my stance 10 days ago. We're currently locked up through 2022 which is going to set up the conditions to effectively lock us up through 2025. 

But the only thing they need to do to make me look stupid is to trade vucevic, Ross, and aminu before the summer of 2021 without using picks to make that happen. If they do that we're absolutely fine. If they can't do that this summer was really really short sighted. 

I would be fine if we only trade Vuc, only just for cap space. Everything else, I could live with. But playing the same style with the same problems isn't going to lead us to anywhere near contention, and even being in playoff.. it's just treadmill.

(I couldn't even figure if we have bad luck, or something else doesn't work, and we can't make playoffs this season after spending that much and nearing luxury tax)

That ringer guy is right on the risk that the contract situation has given the RFA signings on the horizon but the rest is a pretty disingenuous hot take. There's plenty of scenarios where we're a 48 win team with enough asset flexibility to make a major trade.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yep. And that's ultimately why I took my stance 10 days ago. We're currently locked up through 2022 which is going to set up the conditions to effectively lock us up through 2025. 

But the only thing they need to do to make me look stupid is to trade vucevic, Ross, and aminu before the summer of 2021 without using picks to make that happen. If they do that we're absolutely fine. If they can't do that this summer was really really short sighted. 

I just can't see a 30 year old Vuch at 20+ being that attractive. A 26-27 year old Vuch at 12 wasn't even attractive. 

I think it's unlikely but hey maybe we swindle someone for once. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1