Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Any of those guys have Central FL connections? Otherwise, I don’t think they consider Orlando. Our best course of action is player development and trades, and we are accumulating more and more assets under WeltHam. 

By 2021 we should be a very desired destination

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

And Ross

And aminu

Those 2 I have no doubt can be traded easily.  Reasonable contracts for players with useful skills.  Vooch though...

I had this fun little thought leaving work today.  Imagine if someone had told us on the day of the Dwight trade, "you just traded for a player you'll re-sign for $100 mil some day".  What's the worst case scenario we would have assumed we were getting?  A player who'd make us a Finals contender once or twice?  Instead we've eeked out one playoff series in 7 years.  Then I thought of how the cap in 2012 was half of what it is now so it's apples/oranges anyway.

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

By 2221 we should be a very desired destination

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, we'll be underwater

And it won't matter, cause I'm not planning on living another 200+ years; are you?

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, we'll be underwater

Hahahahahaha 2221 I just noticed haaaa. Orlando Magic Space Squad by then

13 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

And it won't matter, cause I'm not planning on living another 200+ years; are you?

Yeah I'd happily live another 200 years ... Not likely tho ..

Ok one last stupid trade and then i'll stop. How about we offer this trade to the wizards plus 2 firsts.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4s69sht

We do it to get the all-star scorer we have needed while selling our youngest players. Lets face it these guys could be the future but they can also get hurt or decrease their value this season. Right now both are a mystery.

Washington does this because with Wall sidelined the whole year might be the time to get an very high draft pick. If Fultz works out i can see him being a guard they can pair with wall or be groomed by wall. Bamba because washington has coveted a high upside center for years.2 picks because we are in win now mode, time to get this **** done.

Edit had wrong link

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Ok one last stupid trade and then i'll stop. How about we offer this trade to the wizards plus 2 firsts.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4lyf2c2

We do it to get the all-star scorer we have needed while selling our youngest players. Lets face it these guys could be the future but they can also get hurt or decrease their value this season. Right now both are a mystery.

Washington does this because with Wall sidelined the whole year might be the time to get an very high draft pick. If Fultz works out i can see him being a guard they can pair with wall or be groomed by wall. Bamba because washington has coveted a high upside center for years.2 picks because we are in win now mode, time to get this **** done.

I think you attached the wrong link - that is a Gallinari/Ferguson for Fournier/Bamba link. 

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4s69sht

Edit had wrong link

That's not a valid trade. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

By the time 2021 rolls around we should be looking like a good destination. 

I totally agree that our team might be attractive by 2021. However, I think recent free agency has demonstrated that big players that aren't homegrown like to go to big markets.