Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Even if it got rid of some salary baggage and got us Shai Alexander? 

For me, I'm willing to help Miami get Westbrook because:

A) If it really helps us, great.

B) It hampers Miami from a cap standpoint for the next 4 years with a declining asset.

With that being said, I can't imagine Miami getting him unless they're willing to give up all young assets and 3 1st's. Don't see them having the pieces to pull it off. 

23 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Here's a question: Do y'all wish we had drafted WCS over Hezonja at this point? lol

I'm just glad Mario isn't in the team anymore. Such a frustrating player to watch. Did it again last season. 30 point game in a win against Washington. A triple double. Big moments of athleticism and defense. Can't put it together though

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm just glad Mario isn't in the team anymore. Such a frustrating player to watch. Did it again last season. 30 point game in a win against Washington. A triple double. Big moments of athleticism and defense. Can't put it together though

He did block LBJ and then Duck Hunt Dog snicker at him. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So why pay a guy who never cracks the rotation barring injury 3 mil a year which causes you to stretch Moz?

This offseason just seems so short sited.

We didn't stretch Mozgov to sign Birch.

Not stretching Mozgov had us dangerously close to the hard cap. 

12 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Even if it got rid of some salary baggage and got us Shai Alexander? 

We have committed to winning now. Any move we make is to help us move the needle forward. 

20 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

anyway for us to help Miami get Westbrook and in turn get Alexander from OKC? 

There's no way for us to help anyone. 

Here's some numbers. 

We have 131,804,558 committed to 14 players (though it's counting Birch for 3 million even though I bet it's something like 2.8 million to maintain a minimum contract spot for the 15th player)

The luxury tax is 132,627,000

The hard cap is 138,627,000. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's some numbers. 

We have 131,804,558 committed to 14 players (though it's counting Birch for 3 million even though I bet it's something like 2.8 million to maintain a minimum contract spot for the 15th player)

The luxury tax is 132,627,000

The hard cap is 138,627,000. 

This means that although trading fournier and Augustin for somebody making 30.4 million works in a trade machine, it's not allowed as it puts us over the hard cap

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This means that although trading fournier and Augustin for somebody making 30.4 million works in a trade machine, it's not allowed as it puts us over the hard cap

We can’t move more than we take back in a three team? Genuine my asking as I’m no expert. 

8 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

We can’t move more than we take back in a three team? Genuine my asking as I’m no expert. 

In any scenario we can't end up in a situation where we take 6 million more that we send out. 

Also in trades where we move more players than we get back that 6 million also has to account for getting back to the 14 player roster minimum. 

Also we don't want to exist slightly under the hard cap. If we have a bunch of injuries that forces us to sign an additional player we'd need to waive and stretch one of the hurt players to make that happen. So that 6 million is really more like 5 million in case of emergency. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In any scenario we can't end up in a situation where we take 6 million more that we send out. 

Also in trades where we move more players than we get back that 6 million also has to account for getting back to the 14 player roster minimum. 

Also we don't want to exist slightly under the hard cap. If we have a bunch of injuries that forces us to sign an additional player we'd need to waive and stretch one of the hurt players to make that happen. So that 6 million is really more like 5 million in case of emergency. 

So even that mid season trade for say DLO is a no go? 

3 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

So even that mid season trade for say DLO is a no go? 

It depends on what you're sending out. 

Russell makes 27,285,000 next year. So we'd be fine sending out 24+ million in salaries. But we couldn't only send out 22 million in salary. 

And hypothetically Vuc for Russell actually saves us money this year