Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Again it's hard to see Bamba getting minutes before Birch, considering how last year went.Birch is undersized, so we would need Bamba against big teams.

Iwundu's offense was starting to shine at the end of last year. Maybe we play Fournier much less and spread the minutes equally among Isaac,Gordon,Aminu,Iwundu?

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fun fact: Kevin O’Connor of the Ringer had Okeke at 21 and Jeffries at 28 in his NBA Draft Rankings.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#kevin

Yeah. Jeffries is underrated. He's going to be one of those guys who plays 7+ years as a backup.  

Probably never going to be a starter even on a bad team. He can only do a few things but he does those things well. He can defend. He can spot up. He can attack closeouts and finish at the rim in a straight line. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't know how bringing Birch back at 3 mil a season is any kind of signal that we're trading Bamba. That being said if Bamba can't carve out a role for himself because of Birch who's your standard catch and finish hustling big man then we wouldn't be losing anything by trading him. 

For the first time in his entire life Bamba is having to fight for minutes. If he wants them he's got to go out there and prove he's worth them over Birch. If he doesn't then he's probably not got what it takes to be a star anyway.

It isn't.

I think the FO let him see if anyone would offer him a contract for back up minutes, I think they would have let him go if there had been interest tbh, didn't happen so he's had to settle on a third string deal for us for very cheap. Bad for him great for us as it gives us good depth if one of Vooch or Bamba go down this year. He is 100% third string and I have no doubt he'll have been told that if re-signed here. Should hopefully keep Bamba honest though.

9 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

How does Birch get more than WCS? 

Because WCS is bad. Arguably the worst center last year for rim protection, people on these boards moan about Vooch in that department, he is a whole other level. Non entity on the offensive end, effort issues etc etc. Only decent quality he has is that he can deflect in the passing lanes and is athletic enough to deal with switches ok. He just hasn't developed whatsoever. Third string big, nothing more, nothing less.

8 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Because WCS is bad. Arguably the worst center last year for rim protection, people on these boards moan about Vooch in that department, he is a whole other level. Non entity on the offensive end, effort issues etc etc. Only decent quality he has is that he can deflect in the passing lanes and is athletic enough to deal with switches ok. He just hasn't developed whatsoever. Third string big, nothing more, nothing less.

Here's a question: Do y'all wish we had drafted WCS over Hezonja at this point? lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So why pay a guy who never cracks the rotation barring injury 3 mil a year which causes you to stretch Moz?

This offseason just seems so short sited.

28 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Here's a question: Do y'all wish we had drafted WCS over Hezonja at this point? lol

There are a whole bunch of people I wish we drafted instead of Mario but WCS is not one of them. 

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are a whole bunch of people I wish we drafted instead of Mario but WCS is not one of them. 

That draft is looking real bad. The good players from that draft really need to start doing something.

28 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So why pay a guy who never cracks the rotation barring injury 3 mil a year which causes you to stretch Moz?

This offseason just seems so short sited.

Because you still need a 3rd center? We are only paying him about double the vet minimum- which is not that much money. At 3 million a year, he is also very tradeable.

This is not a short-sighted move at all. It gives us a great insurance back-up for whenever we want to or need to sit either Vuch or Bamba, and keeps us with a very tradeable asset.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

anyway for us to help Miami get Westbrook and in turn get Alexander from OKC? 

I’m not helping Miami with anything