Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

46 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This is such a weird offseason. I'm not excite or optimistic about anything. If we do trade Bamba it has to be for a guard. Wonder who it could be this late into the offseason. If we wanted to trade Bamba why not just trade him?

Maybe the plan is to trade Vuch or Birch next year while Bamba develops this year. Who knows? Again just a weird offseason.

If the plan was to trade Vooch we wouldn’t have given him an untradeable contract

I don't know how bringing Birch back at 3 mil a season is any kind of signal that we're trading Bamba. That being said if Bamba can't carve out a role for himself because of Birch who's your standard catch and finish hustling big man then we wouldn't be losing anything by trading him. 

For the first time in his entire life Bamba is having to fight for minutes. If he wants them he's got to go out there and prove he's worth them over Birch. If he doesn't then he's probably not got what it takes to be a star anyway.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't know how bringing Birch back at 3 mil a season is any kind of signal that we're trading Bamba. That being said if Bamba can't carve out a role for himself because of Birch who's your standard catch and finish hustling big man then we wouldn't be losing anything by trading him. 

For the first time in his entire life Bamba is having to fight for minutes. If he wants them he's got to go out there and prove he's worth them over Birch. If he doesn't then he's probably not got what it takes to be a star anyway.

Maybe you’re right, I just think Birch coming back continues to point to us being more in win-now mode than everyone thought going in to the offseason. If Bamba didn’t get hurt last year and Birch take his place, I’m pretty confident in saying we wouldn’t have made the playoffs.

I like the fact fultz seems to embrace the team he was at the summer league games and was wearing an orlando jacket. I thought he would've stayed completely out of the light until he got over his problems. But seems happy to represent the magic.

22 minutes ago, BBROSS said:

I like the fact fultz seems to embrace the team he was at the summer league games and was wearing an orlando jacket. I thought he would've stayed completely out of the light until he got over his problems. But seems happy to represent the magic.

IMO, Fultz came to the perfect organization. Our guys are tight and support each other. He's working as hard as any. From the outside looking in, it looks like we have excellent team chemistry. Expectations are high and the coaching staff has made it clear to each guy what they need to be working on. I would be very, very surprised to hear about any of our players dogging it. This team is hungry. I think we will be pleasantly surprised next year. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Does anyone want to post a minute breakdown? I'm too lazy but would be interested in how everyone thinks the minutes shake out. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nope.  Magic will play Bamba all the backup center minutes. Birch will not see the court unless there’s an injury.  Tough situation for Birch, unfortunately, but he probably didn’t have any better options.  Bamba played last year over Birch until he got injured, even though Birch was better than rookie Bamba. They are not going to let their touted #6 draft pick ride the bench, and that’s probably the right choice.  

Birch is just injury insurance at this point.  

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Nope.  Magic will play Bamba all the backup center minutes. Birch will ride the bench unless there’s an injury.  Tough situation for Birch, unfortunately, but he probably didn’t have any better options.  Bamba played last year over Birch until he got injured, even though Birch was better than rookie Bamba. They are not going to let their touted #6 draft pick ride the bench, and that’s probably the right choice.  

Took the words out of my mouth. You pay a 3rd string center $3M per year. That’s what we did. It’s insurance in case of an injury to a guy whom has upside. Nothing more should be read into it.