Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

6 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Shocked Birch didn't get an offer anywhere else. Guys clearly worse than him (Javale McGee) getting more money is comical.

Restricted free agency is a ***** for replacement level guys

51 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Kinda weird Birch resigns here with 2 centers already here. 

Not weird. Bamba isn't ready for a huge role yet. Birch and Bamba will have to split the bench minutes 

17 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Not weird. Bamba isn't ready for a huge role yet. Birch and Bamba will have to split the bench minutes 

Vuc is probably gonna play 32-34 minutes. That only leaves 14-16 minutes for the backup center. Can't play both of them 8 minutes, gotta go with one or the other. Even if Vuc is lowered to 30, you still have to just play one backup  (unless there's foul trouble).

On 7/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, ?4thewin said:

I'd definitely rather have wright

But we couldn't make this trade because we didn't have the cap space to absorb wright. 

Does anyone want to post a minute breakdown? I'm too lazy but would be interested in how everyone thinks the minutes shake out. 

Think Birch and Vooch back = Bamba on the block, but who knows... I don’t think either can play the 4, I think both are worthy of minutes and I don’t think there’s any rotation where Cliff plays 3 Centers

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Bamba is getting traded. 

This is such a weird offseason. I'm not excite or optimistic about anything. If we do trade Bamba it has to be for a guard. Wonder who it could be this late into the offseason. If we wanted to trade Bamba why not just trade him?

Maybe the plan is to trade Vuch or Birch next year while Bamba develops this year. Who knows? Again just a weird offseason.

• Upvote 1