Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Wanted to point out that many of us knew we were much better at 3 point% and attempts last season. This was from a hot start from Gordon and Vucevic  and great years from DJ and Ross.I can see what they are building.Our front court has a chance to be dominate and open up outside shooting, if we can stay healthy.A bounce back year from Fournier is likely, and i can see Isaac and Gordon improving.However, we have a few guys who probably won't be shooters at the 3 point line or the free throw line.I like how clutch we were late last season in both areas, but was it a fluke? If DJ or Ross are hurt we didn't help ourselves in this off season. Sure, many teams have the same problem but our big additions, Fultz and Chuma will not help in this area for awhile.We better hope Aminu,Gordon,Isaac progress and Vooch becomes his final form.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Wanted to point out that many of us knew we were much better at 3 point% and attempts last season. This was from a hot start from Gordon and Vucevic  and great years from DJ and Ross.I can see what they are building.Our front court has a chance to be dominate and open up outside shooting, if we can stay healthy.A bounce back year from Fournier is likely, and i can see Isaac and Gordon improving.However, we have a few guys who probably won't be shooters at the 3 point line or the free throw line.I like how clutch we were late last season in both areas, but was it a fluke? If DJ or Ross are hurt we didn't help ourselves in this off season. Sure, many teams have the same problem but our big additions, Fultz and Chuma will not help in this area for awhile.We better hope Aminu,Gordon,Isaac progress and Vooch becomes his final form.

Fwiw we were better on threes post all star vs pre all star. This is due to a shift from Simmons to iwundu and Isaac and Gordon improving. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fwiw we were better on threes post all star vs pre all star. This is due to a shift from Simmons to iwundu and Isaac and Gordon improving. 

And Fournier breaking out of his early season shooting slump

On the PG, it probably is just standing pat more than it is some sort of faith in Fultz, but tbh that's what it should be.

We traded for Fultz to bet on him being the guy. We are not then going to go out and trade big assets or sign big dollar for a starting PG because then we have said PG and Fultz jamming up our rotation, wasting our resources on a position we already have addressed. So anyone we do bring in is just gonna be more of a depth piece for the meantime til he is good to go, and we already have that in Augustin and Carter-Williams.

Fact is, we need to wait it out and see what transpires with Fultz. Is he gonna be any sort of significant piece for us, is he even gonna play again, or anywhere in between?

We lacked front court depth, particularly at the 4 behind Gordon. We no longer do.

We have our rotation at 2 with Fournier and Ross.

Bamba and Birch can split time at the 5.

If Fultz is healthy, we have a pretty decent PG rotation. If he's not, we ride with Augustin til we make a move at the deadline or offseason.

But going big on a PG right now is a mistake. We have to find out what Fultz is first.

13 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

On the PG, it probably is just standing pat more than it is some sort of faith in Fultz, but tbh that's what it should be.

We traded for Fultz to bet on him being the guy. We are not then going to go out and trade big assets or sign big dollar for a starting PG because then we have said PG and Fultz jamming up our rotation, wasting our resources on a position we already have addressed. So anyone we do bring in is just gonna be more of a depth piece for the meantime til he is good to go, and we already have that in Augustin and Carter-Williams.

Fact is, we need to wait it out and see what transpires with Fultz. Is he gonna be any sort of significant piece for us, is he even gonna play again, or anywhere in between?

We lacked front court depth, particularly at the 4 behind Gordon. We no longer do.

We have our rotation at 2 with Fournier and Ross.

Bamba and Birch can split time at the 5.

If Fultz is healthy, we have a pretty decent PG rotation. If he's not, we ride with Augustin til we make a move at the deadline or offseason.

But going big on a PG right now is a mistake. We have to find out what Fultz is first.

Well said, i would rather the heat get Westbrook, they do not have the depth after the Butler trade to make it work.

Vanderbilt looks like a solid NBA player. I remember being happy when we drafted him last year, only to trade him to Denver for Justin Jackson. Whatever happen to Jackson? Why isn't he on our summer league team. Hammond had some really good success in the 2nd round in his previous stop, with guys like Brougton and Middleton. I'm hoping he brings some of that success over this way.

But I'm loving what I've seen from Jeffries so far. The kid seem like a perfect fit for this system. He also seem to be a better all around player than any of the other past players we took in the second round.