Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

And watch Monta end up on ours

I doubt it. Most teams were probably there because it was happening a couple blocks away from summer league. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

15-16 years ago...One team...

I would also argue the 2014 Spurs when Duncan and Parker were basically role players at that stage and Leonard was only in his second year. I remember watching the series it was a thing of beauty, the ultimate in selflessness and playing for the team. It was truly beautiful basketball. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MCW is basically Nitilika, just older, but he’s only on a 1 year deal. We have to maintain as much flexibility as possible seeing how we have virtually none now barring a trade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I would also argue the 2014 Spurs when Duncan and Parker were basically role players at that stage and Leonard was only in his second year. I remember watching the series it was a thing of beauty, the ultimate in selflessness and playing for the team. It was truly beautiful basketball. 

Yeah but they were so offensively skilled those two.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but they were so offensively skilled those two.

Plus the team had continuity and had been together for a long time which is what we have bought into. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at what our guys are capable of. We definitely need to define our back court though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Plus the team had continuity and had been together for a long time which is what we have bought into. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at what our guys are capable of. We definitely need to define our back court though. 

Eh, DJ is not Tony Parker. I like continuity but our continuity isn’t like that Spurs team. 

• Downvote 1

DJ takes a lot of crap, but his numbers aren’t that bad and I believe he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league this year as well as getting our team in their sets and being a great mentor on and off the court. It disappoints me that he doesn’t get the credit by most that he deserves. I love the guy and hope we can keep him around on the cheap after his contract is up. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Yeah we definitely need to address those spots. We just need to be smart about it. We have time. No need to rush into bad moves today. 

16 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

DJ takes a lot of crap, but his numbers aren’t that bad and I believe he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league this year as well as getting our team in their sets and being a great mentor on and off the court. It disappoints me that he doesn’t get the credit by most that he deserves. I love the guy and hope we can keep him around on the cheap after his contract is up. 

Saying he’s not Tony Parker isn’t giving him crap. He is what he is.

True, he was #2 behind Curry for 3 pt %, one of the best pg for assist/turnover ratio and a pretty good pick and roll player, but you’re right he definitely doesn’t stack up to TP in his prime. I wasn’t directing that to you, but in general. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

^^^This