Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. Because it makes sense to see what we have first then make a move later if we don't like what we see vs making a move today which clogs up our rotation and removes assets we can use later

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

You don’t think they have a clue about what they have in mf? They have had almost six months to evaluate him. 

Have you ever thought that they didn't make a backcourt move because they have had six months to evaluate Fultz and it made them confident they didn't need to make another backcourt move?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This isn't true at all lol

Yea. Show me the last team to win that only played defense LOL. Or the last team that didn’t have a superstar. LOL. 

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Have you ever thought that they didn't make a backcourt move because they have had six months to evaluate Fultz and it made them confident they didn't need to make another backcourt move?

How would they be that confident in a guy that hasn’t even been cleared to play against 4 other players yet? 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea. Show me the last team to win that only played defense LOL. Or the last team that didn’t have a superstar. LOL. 

Show me the last team that won with average defense

I feel like we spend too much time trying to find a reason for the Fultz trade to work. Kinda like we talked ourselves into liking the Ibaka trade when it happened.

The Futlz  trade made much more sense but it's really just a lotto ticket.The Ibaka trade made no sense but damn did we come up with all sorts of reasons it might work.

If Fultz is a lotto ticket i wish we would have hedged our bet a little more. Can't we find a Cory Joseph or a Derrick white? 

Quick Edit, has anyone mentioned that the draft pick we gave up for Fultz will probably turn into second rounders? I haven't read every post but it sure looks like the Thunder pick will fall under the top 20 protection.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Show me the last team that won with average defense

None of the teams that are winning are total defensive juggernauts. The warriors play defense but they still give up a ton of points and always have. 

All of the teams that are winning have a superstar (with the exception of Toronto, all more then 1), and can score way more points then our current lineup every projects to be able to do. 

The Mavericks were probably the last team to even be close to a non superstar team winning. But Dirk was still elite then. 

Still waiting on how my original post was not true at all. 

Superstar teams win. Defense isn’t as valuable as it was 10 years ago. The pistons played great defense but they have 3 guys that could still create their own offense and score consistently. 

Thats not untrue. 

Do you think a team this year is going to win that isn’t a superstar team? If you do, I’ll get you the Vegas odds and you can make some good money. 

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

I feel like we spend too much time trying to find a reason for the Fultz trade to work. Kinda like we talked ourselves into liking the Ibaka trade when it happened.

The Fultz move was, and still is, a low risk high reward move that I would made every day of the year, there's not too much to talk ourselves into, IMO.

I'm more worried by the fact that we're somehow accepting mediocrity, confirming players and giving them big contracts just because they want to be here, as this offseason moves remember me a little of that period when we were trying to convince ourselves that losing Dipo, or signing Biyombo, was not such a big deal..

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

2004 Detroit Pistons

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The Futlz  trade made much more sense but it's really just a lotto ticket.The Ibaka trade made no sense but damn did we come up with all sorts of reasons it might work.

If Fultz is a lotto ticket i wish we would have hedged our bet a little more. Can't we find a Cory Joseph or a Derrick white? 

Delon Wright fits everything we are trying to build here yet we never made a move on him for the past 2 years when he was beyond attainable. 

We’d rather sign another versatile forward who can’t shoot consistently. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

How would they be that confident in a guy that hasn’t even been cleared to play against 4 other players yet? 

Not being ready for 5 on 5 is just saying he's not 100% yet. It's July. He'll probably be ready by the end of the month. 

I don't know why they'd be that confident. It's not like he's recovering from a knee injury so recovery isn't predictable. But they're making moves like they're confident he's going to be fine so it is what it is. 

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I get not including Fultz in projections this season because we don't really know what he is. But you can't ignore him from a roster construction standpoint. The plan is to figure out what we have in him. Until we have a better idea of that we can't really make moves to address the point guard spot. 

Slow and steady is advantageous for us

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Delon Wright fits everything we are trying to build here yet we never made a move on him for the past 2 years when he was beyond attainable. 

We’d rather sign another versatile forward who can’t shoot consistently. 

• Like 1