Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We were amongst the worst of getting to the basket and to the line for free throws. That’s going to be an issue again this year.

Fultz is excellent at getting into the paint and drawing contact. If he can hit his free throws at a decent clip 70 % that would get us at least to about average in free throw attempts compared to almost dead last. That’ll give us more points on the scoreboard and we can still defend at an elite level with him on the floor. 

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Fultz is excellent at getting into the paint and drawing contact. If he can hit his free throws at a decent clip 70 % that would get us at least to about average in free throw attempts compared to almost dead last. That’ll give us more points on the scoreboard and we can still defend at an elite level with him on the floor. 

I’m not going to talk about Fultz until at least he’s penciled into play. Dude isn’t even playing a 2 vs 2 yet.

I’m basing my opinions on a rotation of DJ/MCW/? until I know he’s going to play.

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I’m not going to talk about Fultz until at least he’s penciled into play. Dude isn’t even playing a 2 vs 2 yet.

I’m basing my opinions on a rotation of DJ/MCW/? until I know he’s going to play.

I get not including Fultz in projections this season because we don't really know what he is. But you can't ignore him from a roster construction standpoint. The plan is to figure out what we have in him. Until we have a better idea of that we can't really make moves to address the point guard spot. 

32 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Evan and dj. Name a weaker guard combo in playoffs last year. But we draft a pf and get another pf in free agency. And do nothing about improving our back court. SMDH 

Wesley Matthews and Darren Collison

Reggie Jackson and Luke Kennard

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I get not including Fultz in projections this season because we don't really know what he is. But you can't ignore him from a roster construction standpoint. The plan is to figure out what we have in him. Until we have a better idea of that we can't really make moves to address the point guard spot. 

So you think it is a good plan not addressing our weak back court because, well fultz. Oh brother. 

53 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

But he hit less then that in College and his short time in the NBA. We can't count on him to be more yet, especially this year.

Which means we have DJ who had a career year and 2 guards behind him that can't shoot. At best Fultz would be Westbrook lite, which i find ironic right now.

I just wish we could have signed any of the veteran guards on the market. We also seem to be unable to find a hidden gem, like an undrafted player or a G-league guy who can shoot. I know over half the league has this same problem.It really annoys me when the Spurs or Rockets or even Raptors pull these guys out of thin air. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So you think it is a good plan not addressing our weak back court because, well fultz. Oh brother. 

Yes. Because it makes sense to see what we have first then make a move later if we don't like what we see vs making a move today which clogs up our rotation and removes assets we can use later

Hi everybody,

It's my first post, even though have been following this forum for some time, so would like to start by congratulating you all and hoping to bring something positive to it.

I'm not going to write about the contracts just signed, there has been already a lot of posts about it but one thing that I can't avoid worrying about is our options for guards at the moment... First of all, there is some quality but for what we are aiming for this coming season, I do believe we are very weak in our back-court position, especially at PG...

It's amazing to have TRoss back but what about the rest? Yes, DJ performed well last season, MCW contaminated the team (and us fans) with his on-court hustle and Fournier had some good calls on the clock... But are we really resting our back-court hopes mostly on them for the entire season, and hopefully playoffs? What if anyone, gets injured? I can't wait to see Fultz fully recovered and back in the court but, let's be honest, there is absolutely no guarantees that this will happen.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there is currently space for 2 more players in our roster. One, I presume will be for Khem Birch. As for the second one, I would definitely try to bring in some guard that can become an asset straight away and also fit within our long-term plans. Someone like Frank Jackson!

I don't know exactly how a deal for him would be done (though his salary is not high, not sure we have too much margin) but I would say he is very worth the try. Not only due to the skill-set he shows but also because he looks to be behind Jrue-Lonzo-NAW in the Pelicans court priority. What you guys think?

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. Because it makes sense to see what we have first then make a move later if we don't like what we see vs making a move today which clogs up our rotation and removes assets we can use later

You don’t think they have a clue about what they have in mf? They have had almost six months to evaluate him.