Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Honestly, I believe players don't really care that much about "loyalty". Most people (in any work environment) don't really wonder about loyalty.

With me, I come in to work and ask myself "Do I mind coming in to work here everyday? Ehhhh... not really.. Am I getting paid well? Sure, I guess". These are the usual questions most people ask themselves everyday. People really only start wondering about their jobs when they're burned out (and need a change of scenery), want more money, want to further advance their careers, or they can't grow with their current company.

Sure, their might be a couple of folks that really really care about loyalty but most don't. I don't see how basketball players would be any different. There's a ton of teams out there that have been nothing but loyal to their players, but major free agents are not racing to join these teams.

IMO, the only thing the Magic can hope for is that our younger players become stars or at least good enough that we can use them in a trade for a disgruntled super star. I guess we could also get lucky with trading for some misused players or reclamation projects. 

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

As if I had another reason to get his jersey!! I hope T is here until he hangs up the sneaks and then stays on with the organization when he does

I got an Authentic white home T-Ross Jersey the first year we traded for him. Glad I made that investment and he’s here long term. Gotta post a pic of it later when I dig it out of the closet lol. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, the Warriors created some sort of false narrative where people thought they were bad at D. They’re elite at D, just double-elite at O. Points allowed doesn’t always equal bad defense, especially when you play at an off the charts pace.

I'm not sure how, a lot of the commentators always mention their D when they play their games. Do most people watch the games on mute?

Watching the pc and “The Chief” is big and long; he’s got that sleepy look. He could probably play 3 thru 5; that’s huge. We are going to have a top 5 defense. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I got an Authentic white home T-Ross Jersey the first year we traded for him. Glad I made that investment and he’s here long term. Gotta post a pic of it later when I dig it out of the closet lol. 

Too bad now hes changing his #

1 hour ago, JustBeCool said:

Honestly, I believe players don't really care that much about "loyalty". Most people (in any work environment) don't really wonder about loyalty.

With me, I come in to work and ask myself "Do I mind coming in to work here everyday? Ehhhh... not really.. Am I getting paid well? Sure, I guess". These are the usual questions most people ask themselves everyday. People really only start wondering about their jobs when they're burned out (and need a change of scenery), want more money, want to further advance their careers, or they can't grow with their current company.

Sure, their might be a couple of folks that really really care about loyalty but most don't. I don't see how basketball players would be any different. There's a ton of teams out there that have been nothing but loyal to their players, but major free agents are not racing to join these teams.

IMO, the only thing the Magic can hope for is that our younger players become stars or at least good enough that we can use them in a trade for a disgruntled super star. I guess we could also get lucky with trading for some misused players or reclamation projects. 

This doesnt really make sense, why wouldn't players want to play for a team that will give them pay increases and job security?

IE loyalty

2 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Too bad now hes changing his #

It’s like when other players do this. Still doesn’t take away from the Jersey. Gonna be rocking it proud!

• Upvote 1