Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

11 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Yeah coz it was Devos family’s fault for Shaq turning down more money from the Magic (which was offered) and for D12 being a douche bag.

The Magic have been committed to being a classy and philanthropic organization, and they are willing to spend on players,  build state of the art arena, and if not for bad luck (Nick Anderson free throws and early Jameer return) we may have been more competitive.

We may not be perfect but we’ve given our heart to this organization and are still committed to doing so by bringing top notch management that has helped both Toronto and Milwaukee.

Cannot upvote this enough. Shaq wanted to go to Hollywood(which made sense in the 90’s), Nick choked but we still love him for all he’s done for us, Dwight made a bad choice but gave us some of our best years, and T-Mac was a victim of the Grant Hill era. (A healthy Grant made us beasts of the east for a better part of a decade regardless of a miss Tim Duncan signing). 

We’ve been on the cusp several times. Orlando is a great city with beautiful diversity from all over this planet(thanks in large part to the late great Walt Disney for choosing us for his EPCOT) and we’ve all been through some crazy **** as fans. Really silly to place it on ownership. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just tell the Thunder to wait until Vuc can be moved.

Trading Gordon for Westbrook would be a colossal mistake

And even if OKC doesn't want Vuc, they can get creative with a 3 team deal and get only picks / young players. Zach Collins or some ****

56 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

And even if OKC doesn't want Vuc, they can get creative with a 3 team deal and get only picks / young players. Zach Collins or some ****

It isn’t happening and if it was, they’d want AG.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Zach Lowe thinks Westbrook is a negative asset and OKC is going to have to send out something with him to get a team to take him. 

He’s going to get you more wins but his salary and his age is why he’s a negative asset. You aren’t going to be able to flip him later on and get value. The whole reasoning to obtaining him is for the present.

I wonder if that means draft pick or a player like Ferguson?

I haven't seen this posted yet but John Hammond was interviewed during the Magic's Summer League game today and commented further on Markelle, clarifying his "no idea" comment by basically admitting that they don't want to put pressure on him by specifying a date:

I think  there are a few teams that would trade for Westbrook, but only a couple who could offer something better then Orlando.

That being said i think Weltham want to see this through, not reshape what they have already built. If they do it they will get rid of players from former management.

So if there is a trade it's definitely starting with Gordon, and our signing of Aminu and drafting of Qkeke makes him a little expendable.

If the Magic traded for Westbrook i would want to maximize our window the next two years, so for me DJ is an untouchable. All the online trade proposals have him included because he is expiring and we are getting back a point guard. This would be a huge mistake, if we are going for it we need the boost of  having a shooting, veteran back-up.We especially need DJ to be our Van-fleet, because Westbrook can't shoot 3's! If Augustin is included hard pass from me.It would negate the whole point of the trade to finally have a decent guard rotation. 

The second player would probably be Fournier, and most of you would have no problem with that. But listen, i think it would be better to include Fultz. Fournier leaving is a dream come true for most of us on this board. However i would not be on board unless we were getting a shooter back, even if it's from a 3rd team. I would love Ferguson, as i stated in a post above. Losing Fultz would hurt, but we still know nothing about him and best case he is still a year a way from being a decent player.Part of me thinks they would hesitate to trade Evan, he is one of the few ball-handlers we have.

OK now that you have heard my thoughts here is the trade i would like to see. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yymsxlqn  

We get Westbrook, Feguson and Patterson. They get Gordon,Evan and Fultz. 

We do it to actually compete and have an all-star. They do it because we include a few protected picks and Gordon. Also they are hoping Shai or Fultz becomes a star in a few years. Two point guards, two chances for them to strike gold.

Meanwhile we are much better the next few years.

Westbrook      DJ        MCW

Ross       Ferguson     Frazier?

Isaac    Iwundu   Okeke

Aminu    Peterson   Martin

Vucevic   Birch     Bamba.

I would love this team, but again only if we keep DJ and get Ferguson.

The most likely trade package is Gordon, Fultz and Bamba. They are talking about it right now on 740 the team. 

Most likely it would include Fultz and Bamba. See below.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxvg7sw7

• Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Zach Lowe thinks Westbrook is a negative asset and OKC is going to have to send out something with him to get a team to take him. 

My prediction is that they get a so so young player like Winslow or Monk, and don’t give up picks.

But suggesting that they would ask for Gordon with a straight face is questionable 

21 minutes ago, Magician09 said:

I haven't seen this posted yet but John Hammond was interviewed during the Magic's Summer League game today and commented further on Markelle, clarifying his "no idea" comment by basically admitting that they don't want to put pressure on him by specifying a date:

Yeah I mean that was obvious from the context of his original quote. People just decided to take it out of context to make it a more interesting story

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My prediction is that they get a so so young player like Winslow or Monk, and don’t give up picks.

But suggesting that they would ask for Gordon with a straight face is questionable 

The trade would have to start with Gordon, both teams are capped out salaries have to be close. Westbrook makes 38 million. The problem with OKC is most teams have used up their cap space and have to match salaries. 

If we trade Gordon, Fultz and Bamba for Westbrook I think I'd have to walk away from the sport for a few years. 

• Upvote 2