Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

34 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Wright signed for the same amount we gave Aminu.

I'd rather have Wright...

I'd definitely rather have wright

But we couldn't make this trade because we didn't have the cap space to absorb wright. 

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Same on Twitter, I was a bit worried too, seem completely uninterested on what happens on the team. Could be nothing, but also could be something.

Also, when I saw quite few new pages of discussion on a Sunday, I thought that something relevant happened.. and it was just empty RW discussion.. :(

Well he's hanging with Isaac today

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Same on Twitter, I was a bit worried too, seem completely uninterested on what happens on the team. Could be nothing, but also could be something.

Also, when I saw quite few new pages of discussion on a Sunday, I thought that something relevant happened.. and it was just empty RW discussion.. :(

He’s in Vegas watching our summer league game, for what that’s worth, and he has a relationship with Bamba that goes back.

He’s been rehabbing and training in LA mostly so he hasn’t had an extended time with the team in general outside of the playoff run 

3 hours ago, RenatoMV said:

I’m from Brazil, so excuse me for any language mistake, please! 

Let’s think in a best case scenario with a little bit of conspiracy theory... I don’t bite the “we don’t know where Fultz is in his recovery”. Obviously it is just for not giving him any unnecessary pressure and to not create any hope that latter could prove to be nothing more than the hope it self. 

The resigning of Vooch and Ross could very well be just a movement to continue to win and to create an good environment for our young core, as some had pointed here. Or even a nothing better to do anyway, as others had. But, maybe it’s another thing. 

Let’s assume Fultz is recovering very well, and Magic know he will comeback in great shape. It will be basically a 2nd year player that has a lot to prove and to learn, but still, it would be and upgrade from anything we had last year. Just remember, at PG we had DJ and literally nothing more, and Fultz was #1 pic for a reason. 

If that wasn’t the case, why spend all our money this season on a PF (a need for deep too, but much less needed than help at Guard)? 

If I’m right. They resign both Vooch and Ross, went after a PF for deep and released Mozgov because the see this team as one that can do a lot better than last year. 

Follow me:

Fultz - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - Vooch 

Assuming a Fultz that looks like the one at college, Isaac with a consistent 3pts shoot and a Gordon a little bit better at 3 too. Normal Vooch and a Fournier more like his normal.

DJ - Ross - Iwundu - Aminu - Bamba 

assuming a DJ, Ross and Aminu as always, Iwundu with 33% from 3, and Bamba as last year Birch with 3pts even without consistency 

What that roster can accomplish?? 

We wouldn’t have a real game finisher, as I doubt Fultz, Isaac or Gordon would develop to be that player this year. But, virtually anyone in a hot day could do that in this team. Almost everyone had that “one day potencial” ... 

Denver do basically it and they got to semifinals on a crowded west...

I think Hennigan believes in this best case scenario, with privileged knowledge on Fultz... It makes sense, if you think why Aminu, why release Mozgov (no trade coming, they will give this roster one year chance to prove they are right). 

Of course, it could be that they don’t believe any star would come to Orlando this time, wouldn’t bring anyone that wouldn’t dramatically improve the team with the cost of young core, and Aminu is a young good player with experience anyway... 

But, it can also be that they know and they believe in where Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Iwundu are... maybe, ... glass half full this time. Why not? I’m a believer. 

Welcome to the board. While I agree with the sentiment of the posting, I wouldn’t call Aminu young as he will be 29 when the season starts and I doubt Fultz will start; at least for now, but I definitely share in your optimism. Welcome to the board :)

4 hours ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

One of the worst ownership in sports. Hopefully they sell soon.

Yeah coz it was Devos family’s fault for Shaq turning down more money from the Magic (which was offered) and for D12 being a douche bag.

The Magic have been committed to being a classy and philanthropic organization, and they are willing to spend on players,  build state of the art arena, and if not for bad luck (Nick Anderson free throws and early Jameer return) we may have been more competitive.

We may not be perfect but we’ve given our heart to this organization and are still committed to doing so by bringing top notch management that has helped both Toronto and Milwaukee.

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

It is. There’s no actual source at all, the guy just found a trade idea CBS Sports made up. You or I could just as easily “write” this kind of “journalism” if you give up 2 minutes to play with the trade machine.

First off, I definitely don't want to move Gordon in any trades. He's part of our young and developing core and he's not worth giving up for 1 or 2 years at best of 2nd round exit potential.

But definitely not moving Fultz along with him for Westbrook. Fultz is our x-factor. If he's healthy and develops, he can be our star. And again, not willing to give up a potential star of the future for 2 years max of 2nd round being our ceiling. 

Westbrook is a pipe dream. It's not happening, and while it would be exciting, I'm not sure that it should happen.