Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes you did

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes you did

Context. That was page 199 in regards to Noah’s absurd contract and how compared to the trade it made it look brilliant because it was so stupid but I was questioning it a lot and wondered what now with our offense. Those comments were also in context of Jimmy Butler to Orlando rumors which would’ve dampened the Dipo for Ibaka trade for me a little.

Now go back to page 186, 174, 156, 146, 117, and go back even further in other topics where I was in the minority about how him finishing was because of lack of strength, his shooting could/should get better and that I would pick him over Fournier if we had to. Not saying I was the only one but I know my stance. 

• Downvote 3

The Dipo trade was a major Hennigan mistake. I don't think current management would trade one or more of our young players for an older player that fits a need but not the plan.
I also have a gut feeling that Fultz is going to make a major impact on this team this season.

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The problem is that one of the main catalysts for last year’s surprising run was Bamba getting injured and Birch replacing him.  That is unlikely to happen this year, even if Birch is on the team which isn’t clear.  Now everyone is assuming Bamba will be much better this year but I prefer to wait and see it before believing it.  Every summer people talk about how much better some of our players will get the next season, and with one or two exceptions (Isaac being the main one which no one was even calling for before the season - everyone thought he’d be injured again) it doesn’t happen.  

We were actually pretty bad with the Vuch/Bamba center rotation.  We could potentially go backwards this year.  

Bamba will be much better this year. Almost every center he's comparable to looks like he did during their rookie years and almost every center looks significantly better their second year. 

He was starting to look pretty good before he got shut down. 

But at the same time we can't use that stretch we had at the end of last season and assume it's how we're going to play going forward. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba will be much better this year. Almost every center he's comparable to looks like he did during their rookie years and almost every center looks significantly better their second year. 

He was starting to look pretty good before he got shut down. 

But at the same time we can't use that stretch we had at the end of last season and assume it's how we're going to play going forward. 

I hope you’re right but will believe it when I see it.  I don’t recall him looking good at all around the time he was shut down.  

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

One of the worst ownership in sports. Hopefully they sell soon.

One of the most ignorant comments in forum thread history. If you accomplish 1/100th of what that family has done ... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

One of the most ignorant comments in forum thread history. If you accomplish 1/100th of what that family has done ... 

I'm hoping this was your typical sarcasm, because business accomplishments aside, he specifically mentioned sports ownership, in which they havent been the worst, but certainly far from the best

I’m from Brazil, so excuse me for any language mistake, please! 

Let’s think in a best case scenario with a little bit of conspiracy theory... I don’t bite the “we don’t know where Fultz is in his recovery”. Obviously it is just for not giving him any unnecessary pressure and to not create any hope that latter could prove to be nothing more than the hope it self. 

The resigning of Vooch and Ross could very well be just a movement to continue to win and to create an good environment for our young core, as some had pointed here. Or even a nothing better to do anyway, as others had. But, maybe it’s another thing. 

Let’s assume Fultz is recovering very well, and Magic know he will comeback in great shape. It will be basically a 2nd year player that has a lot to prove and to learn, but still, it would be and upgrade from anything we had last year. Just remember, at PG we had DJ and literally nothing more, and Fultz was #1 pic for a reason. 

If that wasn’t the case, why spend all our money this season on a PF (a need for deep too, but much less needed than help at Guard)? 

If I’m right. They resign both Vooch and Ross, went after a PF for deep and released Mozgov because the see this team as one that can do a lot better than last year. 

Follow me:

Fultz - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - Vooch 

Assuming a Fultz that looks like the one at college, Isaac with a consistent 3pts shoot and a Gordon a little bit better at 3 too. Normal Vooch and a Fournier more like his normal.

DJ - Ross - Iwundu - Aminu - Bamba 

assuming a DJ, Ross and Aminu as always, Iwundu with 33% from 3, and Bamba as last year Birch with 3pts even without consistency 

What that roster can accomplish?? 

We wouldn’t have a real game finisher, as I doubt Fultz, Isaac or Gordon would develop to be that player this year. But, virtually anyone in a hot day could do that in this team. Almost everyone had that “one day potencial” ... 

Denver do basically it and they got to semifinals on a crowded west...

I think Hennigan believes in this best case scenario, with privileged knowledge on Fultz... It makes sense, if you think why Aminu, why release Mozgov (no trade coming, they will give this roster one year chance to prove they are right). 

Of course, it could be that they don’t believe any star would come to Orlando this time, wouldn’t bring anyone that wouldn’t dramatically improve the team with the cost of young core, and Aminu is a young good player with experience anyway... 

But, it can also be that they know and they believe in where Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Iwundu are... maybe, ... glass half full this time. Why not? I’m a believer. 

• Upvote 4