Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not going to stop until you understand. 

There's a reason why Zach Lowe calls Westbrook the second worst contract in the NBA behind John Wall. 

He'll probably be ok this year but he's going to continue to get worse and whoever gets him is going to be stuck with a bad player for 3 years. 

I think Chris Paul's contract is worse than Westbrook's.  Paul has missed 21, 24, and 24 games the last 3 years, and will be making $44M at age 36.

Put aside the athletic debate for a minute. The real question here is does the addition of Westbrook make us a title contender, or does it merely keep us in a play off spot but not much more?

For me, I suspect it would be the latter rather than the former. Ok if we are at the dance we have a chance to win, but realistically we aren't winning with the addition of Westbrook. I can see the appeal of adding Westbrook and pinning our hopes on his production combined with our lengthy defensive players and their gritty defense, but like I said, we aren't winning with that. Hell, we might even have to sacrifice some of those players to get Westbrook because in doubt they'd want Augustin, Fournier and Vuc.

I could understand going for Westbrook if we were in the Clippers position. For instance we are trading for him to pair with another all star to secure their addition. However, that's not the case so while I like Westbrook, I'd prefer to see us stay out of it and let someone like Miami take him on and watch how Westbrook and Butler get on as a duo...

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Compared to when he was 24. No **** but he’s still far superior than most PG’s in the athletic department.

He's past 800 games. He's 31. This is past the time when all of the guys who last into their mid 30s start transitioning their game into a lack of athleticism. He hasn't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

When?

A lot of times. Having a real good memory is a good and bad thing.

One in particular was Dipo. I got so much heat for it. There’s been other times as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

Put aside the athletic debate for a minute. The real question here is does the addition of Westbrook make us a title contender, or does it merely keep us in a play off spot but not much more?

For me, I suspect it would be the latter rather than the former. Ok if we are at the dance we have a chance to win, but realistically we aren't winning with the addition of Westbrook. I can see the appeal of adding Westbrook and pinning our hopes on his production combined with our lengthy defensive players and their gritty defense, but like I said, we aren't winning with that. Hell, we might even have to sacrifice some of those players to get Westbrook because in doubt they'd want Augustin, Fournier and Vuc.

I could understand going for Westbrook if we were in the Clippers position. For instance we are trading for him to pair with another all star to secure their addition. However, that's not the case so while I like Westbrook, I'd prefer to see us stay out of it and let someone like Miami take him on and watch how Westbrook and Butler get on as a duo...

Yes. If we were in the position to go from contender in the east to favorite in the east it would make sense to go all in on a 1-2 year window. 

But that's not where we are. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's past 800 games. He's 31. This is past the time when all of the guys who last into their mid 30s start transitioning their game into a lack of athleticism. He hasn't. 

I’ll give you that. He hasn’t done a good job of being a more consistent shooter. Maybe this off season he does. After the post season he mentioned he was going to work on it. Thing is he doesn’t have become a lights out shooter. Just needs to get up to low mid 30’s in 3 point and raise that free throw percentage back to respectable levels.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. If we were in the position to go from contender in the east to favorite in the east it would make sense to go all in on a 1-2 year window. 

But that's not where we are. 

I mean in the east who’s the clear cut favorite? Toronto? Maybe Milwaukee of course but they aren’t invincible.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

A lot of times. Having a real good memory is a good and bad thing.

One in particular was Dipo. I got so much heat for it. There’s been other times as well. 

You didn't get any heat about oladipo. 

You called the oladipo for ibaka trade "brilliant". 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You didn't get any heat about oladipo. 

You called the oladipo for ibaka trade "brilliant". 

No I didn’t. I wanted to trade Fournier not Dipo and before that when people were righting him off saying he can’t shoot can’t finished and that’s why we should trade him I explained why I disagreed. I also thought it was crazy people were dogging him after coming off an injury struggling. I was a big Dipo supporter. If I said anything like that, it was sarcasm followed up with comments about my disdain with keeping Evan and EP over Dipo.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No I didn’t. I wanted to trade Fournier not Dipo and before that when people were righting him off saying he can’t shoot can’t finished and that’s why we should trade him I explained why I disagreed. I also thought it was crazy people were dogging him after coming off an injury struggling. I was a big Dipo supporter. If I said anything like that, it was sarcasm followed up with comments about my disdain with keeping Evan and EP over Dipo.

Yes you did

• Upvote 2