Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

OKC would be laughing at us again with that trade.  Whoever pays anything close to that is desperately hopeless.  I hope Miami does it.  That would be a Hennigan move and, thank God, he is gone.  Just put Fultz into your #1 position above and we will be better off

I think if they knew all this stuff would happen and Russ would become available, they would’ve sent Whiteside’s expiring and some picks and prospects for him 

I feel like the average NBA fan and also a lot of media outlets are blinded by stats. Specifically PPG (doesn't matter what fg%) and triple doubles.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Lol so because he lost to a team with the best player ever and 2 first ballot hall of famers on it he can’t hack it? Got it. 

My point is the fact that he has never won, so you can't exactly say that he would automatically make us a contender.

Again, he had more help in OKC with PG than he would have here, but you're expecting him to do more here with less support?

Russ might make us a higher seed, due to the East being weak, but we don't become an "instant contender" because of him.

But I suspect you knew that, and are just deflecting and shifting the argument. 

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Vooch has a team friendly contract 

year 1: 28

year 2: 26

year 3: 24

year 4: 22

I'm glad they structured it that way. As much as I still don't like the deal (nothing personal against Vuc I just want to change our playing style to something more modern), if he plays how he did last season over the next few he'd be tradeable I think with the cap going up.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Boss said:

I feel like the average NBA fan and also a lot of media outlets are blinded by stats. Specifically PPG (doesn't matter what fg%) and triple doubles.

Oh, I agree with this 100%, and believe that Westbrook and John Wall etc. are better fantasy basketball players than they are real life players, but I'd still rather have Westbrook than Fournier + Vuc

Westbrook would bring an intensity that would fit with Aaron Gordon and other guys like Khem Birch

• Upvote 1

I’m telling you: because they landed no one in Free Agency, the Knicks would be willing to trade for Westbrook at a high price. Calling it now. 

22 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Re: Fultz

I dont remember where I read it, but basically, he's in the last stage of his rehab. That does NOT mean, he's ready to play. That just means once rehab is done, he can begin basketball activities. Start with 2 vs 2, then 3 vs 3, then eventually 5 vs 5. I think he should be cleared by September, when the players migrate back to orlando for pickups and conditioning.

The question is not whether Fultz will be able to play.  He played in Philly.  He couldn’t stay on the court at an effective level though, either due to physical or in my opinion more likely psychological reasons.  Whether that will change here is the key question.  He’ll get on the court, no question, but will he stay there, or will the pressure get to him and all of a sudden it’s one thing after another?

A lot less pressure here than Philly but if it looks like he’s in and out of the lineup and not very effective overall, opinions will start to shift.  A lot of people counting on him to at least be decent if we’re to improve this year.  

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The question is not whether Fultz will be able to play.  He played in Philly.  He couldn’t stay on the court at an effective level though, either due to physical or in my opinion more likely psychological reasons.  Whether that will change here is the key question.  He’ll get on the court, no question, but will he stay there, or will the pressure get to him and all of a sudden it’s one thing after another?

A lot less pressure here than Philly but if it looks like he’s in and out of the lineup and not very effective overall, opinions will start to shift.  A lot of people counting on him to at least be decent if we’re to improve this year.  

On that note, does anyone know if / how he's jelling with other team members? I don't see much of other Orlando Players on his IG account. 

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Oh, I agree with this 100%, and believe that Westbrook and John Wall etc. are better fantasy basketball players than they are real life players, but I'd still rather have Westbrook than Fournier + Vuc

Westbrook would bring an intensity that would fit with Aaron Gordon and other guys like Khem Birch

I think any deal we make with OKC would include AG.

Thing is, Westbrook would fit with Vuch. Russ is a great cutter. You have Vuch who’s a decent passer and a stretch 5, something Russ has never had in a 5.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I think any deal we make with OKC would include AG.

Thing is, Westbrook would fit with Vuch. Russ is a great cutter. You have Vuch who’s a decent passer and a stretch 5, something Russ has never had in a 5.

I think  the Magic just screwed themselves by cutting and stretching Mozgov. Some of the best trades i could come up with involved his contract.

Maybe this is good for the Magic. They seem to get fleeced in trades  especially if the they trade with Morey,Presti or Masai.

I think the Rockets,Raptors and Thunder will make big moves after that huge Clippers trade. Thunder and Raptors to rebuild, Rockets to keep up with the league.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

The trade machine is up and running again. I love using this keep track of players they update it every day.

I cannot come up with any realistic trades for us with those 3 teams. I'm pretty sure we are locked into our roster.

The good news is we should be fun to watch.

The bad news is our ceiling depends on Fultz, Isaac or Bamba.

Of all our players i think only Bamba and Isaac have a chance to be special, maybe. 

This is Gordon's last year to impress me, i think he can be an all-star but only as a reserve, not an Alpha.