Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Which team could Westbrook realistically go to that makes sense for him and the team? He's my favorite player in the league and I would like to seem him end his career successfully.  

1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

We should do everything in our power to try and snag Westbrook regardless of what it costs. Take on gallinari’s contract for a year to help them unload, then clear a little bit more space for a max contract next summer. The East is wide open and we’ve been rebuilding for too long through the draft while other teams make moves to compete right away

I understand your point and don't disagree but idk that Westbrook does that for us. He couldn't get it done with Durant and Harden, and got even less done with Paul George, but somehow he's supposed to come here and do more with less?

I like Westbrook. If at any point in his career - even now - he came to the Magic I would be excited. 

But when you take the emotion out of it and try to look logically, idk that he is a better option than our slow build methodology.

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes because the billionaire owner can’t sfford it. Hahahahaha!!!

You have to be strategic with the luxury tax due to repeater penalties. It doesn't make sense to go into the luxury tax for this team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If you want a championship pay up and if you got so much money what does it matter? Unless of course you just want to show a profit and that is ALL u want. 

Yes. Birch is totally the difference between this team being a contender or not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

We did the last 7 years and look what it got us... You win championships in the NBA through trades and free agency. It's the complete opposite of the NFL. Building like Golden State is like catching lightning 3 times in a row in the same bottle. It's so rare and even they brought in the biggest FA prize 3 years ago to win their last 2 titles.

I agree with this, but you are dealing with an audience on this forum that thinks tanking for picks is the only way to build a contender, despite the fact that it has been proven wrong time and time again.

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Russ and kd went to west finals. Wtf are you talking about?

Russ and KD went to the Finals and got demolished by LeBron's Heat.

He didn't get the job done.

1 minute ago, Franchise408 said:

I agree with this, but you are dealing with an audience on this forum that thinks tanking for picks is the only way to build a contender, despite the fact that it has been proven wrong time and time again.

Yes we have to keep building organically and somehow our players take the magic medicine and become ten times the players they are presently. Lol. 

But we don’t have ANY desire to build a championship!  Filling the seats is all that’s required, and lately mostly with the opponents fans. Doesn’t matter to ownership they are paying customers. 

3 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Russ and KD went to the Finals and got demolished by LeBron's Heat.

He didn't get the job done.

I wasn’t referring to you but ok. Yeah that heat team was pretty bad. Hahahahaha

1 hour ago, chosen12 said:

I will agree that Westbrook is a real talent, but is is all self serving, he makes no one better around him and he is a cancer as a team mate. With KD and PG13 requesting to be traded away from him should be a clear indication that he is hard to work with.

Kd and pg are chasing rings. Beyond Russ and PG. the rest of the team was trash. PG stayed in okc remember and didn’t have to. Russ=cancer BS