Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I will agree that Westbrook is a real talent, but is is all self serving, he makes no one better around him and he is a cancer as a team mate. With KD and PG13 requesting to be traded away from him should be a clear indication that he is hard to work with.

I think that stuff got overblown. KD left because he couldn't win a title in the West with just he and westbrook. PG signed long term to play there with him. Leonard and playing back home in LA is the only reason he ok'd the trade.

1 minute ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I think that stuff got overblown. KD left because he couldn't win a title in the West with just he and westbrook. PG signed long term to play there with him. Leonard and playing back home in LA is the only reason he ok'd the trade.

Well, if that is your view ok, I also look at all of the talent "not heading" to OKC because of Westbrook. 

It would seem to me that if we had any interest in trading for Westbrook, we would have kept Moz’s contract as filler. Seeing that we just waived Moz, any deal appears very unlikely, imho.

I think the teammate stuff is overblown. He's probably fine. 

Guys with games built exclusively on athleticism don't age well and their game falls off precipitously. 

Westbrook isn't a good passer. He facilitates by drawing extra defenders on the way to the rim. 

Westbrook isn't a good defender. 

He's shot above league average from three once in his career a few years ago but it's getting worse. 

When his athleticism starts to fail him what is he going to provide?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think the teammate stuff is overblown. He's probably fine. 

Guys with games built exclusively on athleticism don't age well and their game falls off precipitously. 

Westbrook isn't a good passer. He facilitates by drawing extra defenders on the way to the rim. 

Westbrook isn't a good defender. 

He's shot above league average from three once in his career a few years ago but it's getting worse. 

When his athleticism starts to fail him what is he going to provide?

The teammate issue may well be overblown, but when you add that to his recklessness, bad on ball decisions and becoming a complete black hole with the ball in his hand at the worst times, results are the same. I really like his heart, and he is fearless but I  think in his case, it did not translate into playoff success for him. 

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It would seem to me that if we had any interest in trading for Westbrook, we would have kept Moz’s contract as filler. Seeing that we just waived Moz, any deal appears very unlikely, imho.

Yeah, I’m interested to see if we stretch Moz or not. Stretching him means Birch is back, Birch being back could signal that we’re shopping Mo.